Recommend me some good AC/DC tracks

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone :)

I've liked them for ages but I've only just bought my first AC/DC album today. :rockout:

AC/DC have never released a 'greatest hits' album so I've just bought the Iron Man 2 movie soundtrack compilation instead. It was only £3.75 from Amazon.

Are there any other really good tracks/albums that aren't on this CD which I should look out for as well? :?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
:rofl:

AC/DC have done some really good stuff. Production values tend to be high too, so great sound quality. The 1st track on the above album is my favourite - Thunderstruck.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Craig M. said:
:rofl:

AC/DC have done some really good stuff. Production values tend to be high too, so great sound quality. The 1st track on the above album is my favourite - Thunderstruck.

Thunderstruck is my favourite track too closely followed by 'Highway to Hell' and 'Back in Black'.

Oliverswing77

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You missing a lot of good stuff... :)

But AC/DC is better live so I'd recommend the the 'Let there be rock - live in Paris" (Blu ray or the album 'If you want blood you've got it' which is an audio recording from that show), the 'Live at Donnington' (excellent stuff) and the 'No bulls' which was recorded during the Ballbreaker tour in Spain.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Craig M. said:

I couldn't find that one anywhere. There is an AC/DC 'Hells Hits' album but from what I've read in the reviews it's a dodgy Russian bootleg album. It's a bit pricey too at £15.

I'm listening to the Iron Man 2 soundtrack on YouTube at the moment and loving it. :dance:

John Duncan

The albums to own are a few either side of Bon Scott's death (another Kirrie lad :)). So basically:

Highway to Hell
If You Want Blood... (the live album)
Back in Black
For Those About to Rock

All the rest you can ignore (IMO)

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I couldn't find that one anywhere. There is an AC/DC 'Hells Hits' album but from what I've read in the reviews it's a dodgy Russian bootleg album. It's a bit pricey too at £15.

Looks like High Voltage is a Russian Bootleg too. http://www.discogs.com/ACDC-Warning-High-Voltage-Greatest-Hits/release/2471386

The Iron Man 2 compilation looks good, it's pretty much got all the ones I like on. Back in Black is the only 'proper' album I have. When my new speakers turn up I might have to drag the Bluray player out of retirement and give one of the live ones a blast.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Craig M. said:
The Iron Man 2 compilation looks good, it's pretty much got all the ones I like on. Back in Black is the only 'proper' album I have. When my new speakers turn up I might have to drag the Bluray player out of retirement and give one of the live ones a blast.

I've listened to Iron Man 2 all the way through and apart from the song 'Cold Hearted Man' every track on it is really good.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
John Duncan said:
The albums to own are a few either side of Bon Scott's death (another Kirrie lad :)). So basically: Highway to Hell If You Want Blood... (the live album) Back in Black For Those About to Rock All the rest you can ignore (IMO)

I just add one more:

1975 TNT ooooh great album!

I'm from 71, and i have two older brothers, bottom line, i was raised listening to AC/DC. 8)

I turn out OK, i think... :roll:

dogspangle

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Are there any other really good tracks/albums that aren't on this CD which I should look out for as well? :?

Steve

Back in Black is an absolute classic, as previously mentioned, however, give Overdose a spin, track 6 on Let There be Rock, DC's fourth studio album (1977).

220px-ACDC-LetThereBeRock.jpg

I've heard this track a thousand times but it still makes the hair on my neck stand up. The recording's a little bright but the intro is amazing, and it's a great example of their early, raw, crashing sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CTHAiomNo

Dog Eat Dog and Go Down are fantastic and Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be is great too.

Angus at his best IMHO. :rockout:

ENJOY!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

AEJim said:
Can't go wrong with the Back in Black album! Always try out the bigger speakers with that. :)

+1

And the "If You Want Blood You've Got It" live album.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
AEJim said:
Can't go wrong with the Back in Black album! Always try out the bigger speakers with that. :)

this was the first album I listened to on my adm40s. The start of Hells Bells was my reason. :)

A favourite recent track is WAR MACHINE.

i do agree though, that Live is the best way to listen to them, I have the same feeling about Iron Maiden (pretty much most rock, really)

ACE92

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I agree with all the previous posters, back in black is a fantastic album from start to end, and out of the vinyls I have is one of the best sounding.
The Iron man 2 soundtrack (though very few of the songs on it featured in the film!) lives in my car CD plater, I think its a really good collection of their hits, 'specially shoot to thrill and thunderstruck :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts