Deathmetal Hi-Fi Extracting the most from your CDs or Streamers

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Been streaming this through the CA Stream Magic. Sounds pretty good for a 128kbps stream . They play some great stuff. Check them out if you can.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I might do. Not sure what I would stream them from though.

I got my Deathmetal play list streaming from Spotify on my phone at the moment and wishing I had the money to buy the albums I'm listening to. I want to hear them on my Hi-Fi.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys how is everyone. Don't see any of you on here anymore apart from waxy. Hope you are all good?

My wife aand I are at the end of "E" in our A-Z CD playback. We have Evanecence "Fallen" (1st album) on yesterday. Now I know it's generally classed as a Nu-Metal album but you know what we heard so much more Orchestral arrangments on it that ever before I think it can half put in the Symphnic Metal genre and though the riffs are basically Nu-Metal we really like the album anyway.

What supprises have any of you had lately?

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
Hey guys how is everyone. Don't see any of you on here anymore apart from waxy. Hope you are all good?

*good*

Still here! Not been on the forum so much lately. It seems to have gone very quiet. Must confess I have been listening to a lot of non-metallic music recently. I am waiting for the latest Aborted LP to arrive though (The Necrotic Manifesto). Have also noticed new releases from Belphegor, Cynic and one pending from Bloodbath featuring Nick Holmes on vocals. That should be a cracker!

sunshinesuperman

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but to extract more bass, I just connect my bass amp to the sub out on my hifi.

ive never had much experience of subwoofers but I guess that a bass amp is going to work best, and it takes some of the load from the hifi amp if the amount of heat generated is anything to go by.

In most cases the impedances should match, if you use the line in connection on your bass amp.

should make quite a difference, though you may still struggle to hear the bass on metallicas '...and justice for all', lol!

great topic, btw.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
sunshinesuperman said:
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but to extract more bass, I just connect my bass amp to the sub out on my hifi.

ive never had much experience of subwoofers but I guess that a bass amp is going to work best, and it takes some of the load from the hifi amp if the amount of heat generated is anything to go by.

In most cases the impedances should match, if you use the line in connection on your bass amp.

should make quite a difference, though you may still struggle to hear the bass on metallicas '...and justice for all', lol!

great topic, btw.

Thanks sunshinesuperman.

Are you talking about a Bass guitar amp? I guess if that set up works for you then cool.

I have a subwoofer connected via a high pass connection on my home cinema so when I listen to spotify or for any reason a CD in my BD player I get the use of the subwoofer without it being a .1 connection which of course I get when watching movies.

As long as you remember subwoofers are for adding the weight of sound into the mix and allowing the freaquencies our speakers can't handle to be heard. But if you idea extracts good detail from the albums you listen to then cool.

Welcome to the thread anyway.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing how bands get bigger and bigger. I remeber seeing Opeth at the White Horse pub in High Wycombe back when the were about to release My Arms Your Herse. The last time I saw them was at The Royal Albert Hall. What a band they are. Still Life is my favourit album. Glad you have been converted.

I can't afford to go to any shows at the mo so I have to miss out.

Waxy I put Cannibal Corpse Vile on again the other day. That album has really taken on a new shape since the Hi-Fi upgrades. Also I hade the first 4 Hate Eternal albums on. I definitely got more out of the riffs and also the drums, especially on King Of All Kings and I Monarch. I'm going to listen to the first one again as I wasn't really payig attention and I live that album the most. I would love to be able to put the latest on one on the Hi-Fi but Spotify will have to do for now.

Hope you guys are all good.

GP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts