RCA interconnect to connect two amps

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all this isn't a do cables make a difference thread. If you believe cables don't make any difference you don't need to reply.

I have recently order a harmon kardon amp and cd player (awaiting delivery). The idea being that I will incorporate it into my home cinema system.

So I'll attach my pioneer amp to my HK amp via the front pre-outs on the AV amp with 1M of stereo rca cable.

To give you the full picture I'm currently using chord rumour 4 speaker cable and I have also bought (from ebay and prob payed a bit too much for it) a 1m length of chord chameleon silver plus XLR to connect the cd player's to the stero amp (both have xlr sockets obviously).

My question is will it matter what stereo rca cable I put between the amps? I would like to get another chord chameleon silver plus but is that just wasting money. Would something cheaper suffice just as well? And if it would, any suggestions?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, tricky. I do believe that cables do make a difference and will influence the sound to a greater or lesser degree. There are two ways I am looking at this:-

1. Buy cheap and see how the setup sounds - if it seems good, that's fine. You may want to splash out later to see if things do actually improve. If the cheaper cables don't work out, you have not wasted much, but the resale value won't be great.

2. If you go further up the scale it is probable that you will get a good sonic performance. If you don't feel you are getting benefit from more expensive cables, at least you are likely to be able to sell them on for a decent price.

Not sure how helpful this is.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply ESP. Thats a common sense approach.

I do believe some outlets let you try their products free of charge over a period of time so that could be a route I try and pursue.

Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
barnsleydave:
First of all this isn't a do cables make a difference thread. If you believe cables don't make any difference you don't need to reply.

I have recently order a harmon kardon amp and cd player (awaiting delivery). The idea being that I will incorporate it into my home cinema system.

So I'll attach my pioneer amp to my HK amp via the front pre-outs on the AV amp with 1M of stereo rca cable.

To give you the full picture I'm currently using chord rumour 4 speaker cable and I have also bought (from ebay and prob payed a bit too much for it) a 1m length of chord chameleon silver plus XLR to connect the cd player's to the stero amp (both have xlr sockets obviously).

My question is will it matter what stereo rca cable I put between the amps? I would like to get another chord chameleon silver plus but is that just wasting money. Would something cheaper suffice just as well? And if it would, any suggestions?

I had a similar conundrum. I was using the ill fated Gotham cable for the very same purpose. I bought an XLR cable to replace my Chameleon Silver Plus and I swapped the Gotham with the CSP. Massive difference, I was completely shocked.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
barnsleydave:

Thanks for the reply ESP. Thats a common sense approach.

I do believe some outlets let you try their products free of charge over a period of time so that could be a route I try and pursue.

Cheers

Yup, I found Weymouth HiFi very obliging in this respect. Just cost me to return the unwanted I/Cs when I tried various Atlas products. Helpful and friendly service. However, any Hi-Fi outlet worth its salt should be willing to do this, so you may not need to buy from the other end of the country unless there is a real bargain to be had!

TRENDING THREADS