Q2050i and pioneer hm72/82

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, would this amp be powerful enough for the 2050s? I love that it is compact and has wifi built in. Seems like a great 2.0 setup for me for music and movies. Just concerned theres not enough power with 50watts into 4ohms??

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
OK.

The 2050is are sensitive speakers so pure power is not an issue.

What is an issue is that they can sound somewhat loose and uncontrolled when positioned poorly and driven with with amplifiers with insufficient control.

The speakers need to be well clear of walls and other reflective surface, 2 to 3 feet ideally. You then need to try it with the Pioneer, I have no experience of these models so can not offer a view.

rainsoothe

hey - personally I would look at the Cambridge Audio Minx XI or Quad Vena to drive them Q Acoustics, i think they would be the more natural parners if you can afford. And indeed demo will be best. No experience with the Pioneer, but really you should audition if you can, 'cause those 4 ohm 50w make me a bit unconfortable.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
As a general rule I like to use better amplification than most people but my biggest gripe with budget systems is the tendency to go way too big on the speakers.

Big speakers produce more bass so are difficult to control, budget amplifiers/systems are not usually very good at that. Also these speakers need room, in a smallish room, close to the wall they can easily boom, with an amplifier that is unable to control them, they will boom a lot.

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Its a double height ceiling apartment with two open brick walls so pretty difficult to avoid some level of "boom" i had some 2050i's before and loved them but got rid. I saw the new pioneer and love how much is crammed in to it but it looks like the lack of power is a deal breaker for good floorstanders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts