panasonic 50vt20 .. will it be crowned king ?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Indeed. We'd love to review it. It may even already be on our test list - I don't have that to hand at this time on a Friday night!

emotion-22.gif
time
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Pindi:I disagree, you reviewed the 52" Sony, even though I haven't read the
mag.

Well, according to the copy I have read, it was a 46. But of course you may know better, not having read the magazine...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
So we now have 'I don't care about Panasonic but the fact it didn't get five stars makes you all corrupt spawn of the devil but I'm only saying that for the craic', and the Chelsea-supporting 'all the Samsungs in all the sizes and please explain what you did and didn't ask for, how much you paid for those shoes and what you had for breakfast'.

Can this thread get any more bizarre...?

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Pindi:I disagree, you reviewed the 52" Sony, even though I haven't read the
mag.

Well, according to the copy I have read, it was a 46. But of course you may know better, not having read the magazine...

I must have a different copy of the imaginary mag then...
emotion-18.gif

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
So we now have 'I don't care about Panasonic but the fact it didn't get five stars makes you all corrupt spawn of the devil but I'm only saying that for the craic', and the Chelsea-supporting 'all the Samsungs in all the sizes and please explain what you did and didn't ask for, how much you paid for those shoes and what you had for breakfast'.

Could there be a Chelsea and Samsung connection going on?

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:

Personally I have tried quite a few 3DTV's and all have suffered from crosstalk with IMHO the LCD's being worse than the Plasma's, I had the chance of viewing the Samsung C8000 LCD alongside the Samsung PS50C7000 Plasma and the crosstalk was consideribly more apparant on the LCD but for some reason there has been no indication of a pending review of the PS50C7000 which to my eyes was better than the 5 star rated LCD.

I couldn't agree more
emotion-21.gif

Almost every review I have seen about 3D describes crosstalk as the most serious problem for the 3D experience. LCD sets simply doesn't seem capable of reducing this problem to a resonable extent, and for the same reason VT20 is used as the 'reference' screen many places for 3D performance.

I can only assume (still haven't read the review...) that crosstalk is not evaluated as an important parameter, and of course 2D is still the most important aspect for most people.

And strangely indeed that there are so few reviews available for the Samsung PS507000 plasma. I agree this could be a contender for the crown, particularly with the competitive pricing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Pindi:I must have a different copy of the imaginary mag then...
emotion-18.gif

Well I don't have a copy either, not having been in the office all week, but both contents list and the review copy I have access to on the server say Sony KDL-46HX903.

A

Anonymous

ok everyone stop posting NOW because i cant read these posts as quick as your posting them to keep up to date with the topic. the next person who posts after me, i will hunt you down and ........................

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
emotion-18.gif

Well I don't have a copy either, not having been in the office all week, but both contents list and the review copy I have access to on the server say Sony KDL-46HX903.

Only Max knows the answer...

A

Anonymous

hide slewis hide !!!! i have a great idea, why dont WHF invite max down to their offices to cover in depth and compare both sets. at the end of the day max and clare can get in a boxing ring together with those giant gloves for 5 minutes.

anyways im buying the mag first thing to see what has been written before i have another pop at the WHF teams star rating system

only kidding slewis, sleep safe........

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
TKratz:
I can only assume (still haven't read the review...) that crosstalk is not evaluated as an important parameter,

You assume incorrectly. As I state elsewhere in this lengthy thread, there is a specific piece on crosstalk in the issue, alongside the Panasonic review.

There would be far fewer assumptions, misconceptions and all-out inaccuracies in this thread if people just read the damn issue before passing judgement....

TKratz:

and of course 2D is still the most important aspect for most people.

Spot on there, though
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Pindi:Andrew Everard:
emotion-18.gif

Only Max knows the answer...

emotion-15.gif
emotion-16.gif
emotion-10.gif
emotion-58.gif

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:TKratz:

I can only assume (still haven't read the review...) that crosstalk is not evaluated as an important parameter, and of course 2D is still the most important aspect for most people.

You assume incorrectly. As I state elsewhere in this lengthy thread, there is a specific piece on crosstalk in the issue, alongside the Panasonic review.

No, seems like I assumed correctly actually...

And sorry for posting before having read the review, but I am always getting the magasin late, living in another country and all.
By then the whole discussion will be over.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
TKratz:Clare Newsome:TKratz:I can only assume (still haven't read the review...) that crosstalk is not evaluated as an important parameter

there is a specific piece on crosstalk in the issue

Head, meet brick wall; brick wall, say 'hi' to head...

A

Anonymous

I dont agree with you guys on the 4 stars (big time)...... but whatever

I do think though the credibility of the WHSV is higher than these 'marginal return' websites and good point Andrew, I just noticed the ads on that site for viera which I didnt previously notice

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Just get yourself a 42" HD Ready Panasonic TX thingy like I have. Never had any problems with blurring, ghosting, grey blacks, crosstalk etc etc. Even through Freeview. Even better when it's switched off and the hifi is on!

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:TKratz:Clare Newsome:TKratz:I can only assume (still haven't read the review...) that crosstalk is not evaluated as an important parameter

there is a specific piece on crosstalk in the issue

Head, meet brick wall; brick wall, say 'hi' to head...

Well, I might have misunderstood the comment by Clare, or expressed myself unclearly in the original message, so let's try once more.

I have no doubt you noticed the crosstalk. Most people do on 3D (LCD) sets.
My point was that this problem can't be a very important factor for the overall rating.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

giving 4 stars to the best 3dtv on sale was bizzare enough in my book mr E
emotion-21.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:Andrew Everard:

giving 4 stars to the best 3dtv on sale was bizzare enough in my book mr E
emotion-21.gif

Not again Max, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

TRENDING THREADS