what will you do with your kuro , will you sell it ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
well the time has nearly come when the mighty kuro will lose its crown , i think its fair to say that this years sets have not managed to take it so far , but the v20/vt20 are now very close ,( as are others according to some), and are said to be arguably better in some areas , i think next spring will see a tv that is clearly better , most likely the v20/vt20 replacement imo ..

if thats the case , if the kuro is no longer the best tv around next year , will you sell yours ? will you put it in another room ? are you thinking about selling yours now while its still possible to get a great price ? krp-500/600s are going for near their full retail value at the moment , but for how long ?

i think if i had a kuro , id keep it even if i bought something better in the future , they are now such icons , having been the best tv for several years , miles ahead of their rivals until this year , ok when it comes to technology , there have been many groundbreaking products over the years that are now worthless and unwanted , for obvious reasons , will the kuro be one of them in a couple of years ?

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
My 5090 is staying put for now, I've still got at least 3 years left on my Pioneer warranty. Maybe in 5 years or so I'll be looking for a new TV, I guess we'll be on a higher pixel rating by then and 3D will have had some time to develop.

daveh75

I personally think plasma technology has reached its pinnacle and wont be improved in the future.

But no i wont be replacing my LX5090 even if it is bettered...In fact it will be my last TV, as if i was to spend that sort of money again it would be on a PJ,and i kind of regret not going down that route in the first place.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:well the time has nearly come when the mighty kuro will lose its crown

Oh gawd, are you gonna start this thread again, max?

What does that mean: another couple of weeks of heated but pointless debate based on misunderstandings and assumption before you announce your retirement from the forums, coming back as tweedledumbanddumber a couple of days later, when the whole cycle will start again?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:well the time has nearly come when the mighty kuro will lose its crown

Oh gawd, are you gonna start this thread again, max?

What does that mean: another couple of weeks of heated but pointless debate based on misunderstandings and assumption before you announce your retirement from the forums, coming back as tweedledumbanddumber a couple of days later, when the whole cycle will start again?

what
emotion-2.gif
.. how is this thread likely to start heated debate ? ok its a little pointless , what thread isnt in the grand scheme of things ? i just thought it may be an interesting thing to talk about thats all
emotion-13.gif

tweedledumbandumber ?
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Everybody talks about Pioneers in the same positive way. I don't get on too well with plasma TVs (and maybe not LCDs either - see my thread on my 9664). I do tend to see flicker and trails on plasmas - that's why we went for an LCD.

I was (before realising my senstivity) knocked out when I saw my first Kuro though. It cost more than every other TV in the shop, but it looked like it should.

My question though - why could Pioneer not make them pay? The local Sevenoaks HiFi (Sheffield) dissapeared last year and transmuted in to a Loewe store within a local quality furniture store (Pondsfords). The salemans there seem quite able to justity the prices of their LCDs (at least to themselves), but some of them are way more than a Kuro. How are Loewe able to make money with these sets and Pioneer are not when their sets were so fabled?

We had a Loewe Aconda CRT 100Hz 32in and it was a great TV, worth the few hundred pounds more than the Japanese CRTs we looked at in 2000, but the Loewe LCDs are up to several times the price of even a pricey Japanese LCD in many cases. Are they worth it? Even the 'cheaper' models are well over £2500 for a 40in!

I've not even mentioned B&O!

Don't want to hijack the thread, just thought there may be some interesting views out there.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Badamz:

My question though - why could Pioneer not make them pay? The local Sevenoaks HiFi (Sheffield) dissapeared last year and transmuted in to a Loewe store within a local quality furniture store (Pondsfords). The salemans there seem quite able to justity the prices of their LCDs (at least to themselves), but some of them are way more than a Kuro. How are Loewe able to make money with these sets and Pioneer are not when their sets were so fabled?

That is a very good question, and I am not sure anyone has a definate answer to that.
The Kuros was generally recognised as the best TVs on the market, but maybe Pioneer was a bit too technical in their marketing.
I think they were to proud to focus on anything else than the superior picture performance. For the standard buyer just looking at the different TVs in a short glance it would appear difficult to justify the high pricetag for 'same black box'.

If you take a look at Loewe as you mention, or even Samsung with their C9000 model priced at 7.000£ it still seems possible to justify a high pricetag if the TV 'looks the price'. Design have to follow. I honestly never understood this myself, but that is how it is.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I agree - my son (9) was immediately drawn to the latest slimline Sharp TVs in John Lewis this morning. It certainly looked beautiful and might beguile anyone in store looking at a confusing array of pictures. Joe Public doesn't read online reviews or frequent these forums, so the Kuro must have lost out due to its utilitarian design. Joanna Public was probably even less impressed, especially when she saw the price!

Personally, I will be keeping my 4280XD for a few years yet!

scene

6th.replicant:If I owned a Kuro, on the day a new TV actually managed to usurp it, I would stand the Kuro upright on its side and cue Strauss R's Also sprach Zarathustra:

2001-a-space-odyssey-ape-monolith.jpg

I have an image of you in a monkey costume running around the Kuro waving the remote as well
emotion-8.gif

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Just managed to purloin a 5090 from Richer Sounds still boxed. It has relegated an older 436 XDE to the back room, so you could say I'm biased towards Pioneer plasmas. Bought the 5090 purely on the reputation and dare I say 'urban myths' surrounding how good it is.

Nothing yet to rival it??

A

Anonymous

Gimp67:

Just managed to purloin a 5090 from Richer Sounds still boxed. It has relegated an older 436 XDE to the back room, so you could say I'm biased towards Pioneer plasmas. Bought the 5090 purely on the reputation and dare I say 'urban myths' surrounding how good it is.

Nothing yet to rival it??

i too have just brought a 5090 from rs two weeks ago and are replacing the exact same set which is now in the bedroom and looks as big as the kuro as its a metre away from the bottom of the bed!

id be more than happy to keep the tv for 3yrs+ as ive had the 436 for 4 and half yrs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts