panasonic 50vt20 .. will it be crowned king ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
well the waiting is nearly over folks , tmw is d day for the vt20 , subscribers will finally get to read whfis long awaited , eagerly anticipated vt20 review , has the kuro finally met its match ? will the vt20 be crowned the new tv king ? will it be proclaimed the best tv on sale ? the best 3dtv ? i have to say im really looking forward to finding out ..

any thoughts ?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
What happens if it only get 4* anybody going to
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Instead of Prince Charles? Interesting idea, and certainly cheaper to run than the Windsors.

A

Anonymous

nah , during my little break i weaned myself off panasonic
emotion-5.gif
, im even considering a 3d sammy plasma
emotion-3.gif

rather save a little cash and put it towards a new amp and cdp
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

it will get 5 stars, the question is will it win the group test in a future edition.

Having seen the set side by side a samsung 8000 it appears to me to be clearly beter? owning one I am totally satisfied beyond any previous AV purchase (and I've made a few over the years)

i look forward to my copy on return from work tomorrow

A

Anonymous

I hope not!!!,also hope it gets its backside kicked in any future supertest....I'll always route for the underdog!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

maybe read this posted yesterday morning

He knows what he is on about :)

EDITED BY MODS - he may well do, but the link is in breach of House Rules

D

Deleted member 2457

i am personally more interested in the 50V20 who cares about the 3D one
emotion-4.gif

No but it should be interesting because it is basically the same but with 3D.

I think it will get 5 stars too, then they will compare it to the 50ich pioneer krp500 and then say it is not better, and the pioneer has the edge just in black levels but with tvs available today this is the best one you can buy if that is your thing.

Sound is nothing special but after hearing it quite abit i have to say i prefer it to the philips tv sound.

The 50V is very nice
emotion-21.gif

Max a samsung
emotion-3.gif

A

Anonymous

hmmm , prefer it to the philips eh ? gel , does this mean the v20 has landed
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

gel:

The VT has faster phosphors. Helps with the 3D - and would presumably help with 2D too to some extent?

Dan

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:hmmm , prefer it to the philips eh ? gel , does this mean the v20 has landed
emotion-5.gif

Max will you do me a favour will you look around your reviews and check to see the 42V is exactly the same as the the 50V?

Cheers mate.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:Instead of Prince Charles? Interesting idea, and certainly cheaper to run than the Windsors.Ah, but you expect to pay more for German engineering.

"So your father's German, you're half German and you married a German"

A

Anonymous

gel:
maxflinn:hmmm , prefer it to the philips eh ? gel , does this mean the v20 has landed
emotion-5.gif

Max will you do me a favour will you look around your reviews and check to see the 42V is exactly the same as the the 50V?

Cheers mate.
identical el gelimoto
emotion-1.gif

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
DrDamn:gel:

The VT has faster phosphors. Helps with the 3D - and would presumably help with 2D too to some extent?

Exactly! This is what has been concluded in other reviews.
V20 is not just a VT20 set without 3D. The different phosphor compound included in VT20 decreases the response time and help to reduce phosphor trailing.
On the other hand it also seem to increase the level of image retention compared to V20.

A

Anonymous

ok i know its not on for people to reveal too much info on the day the mag is for sale , but surely a little titbit
emotion-4.gif

anyone
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Normally they come on a saturday morning, friday if you are extra lucky
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

johnb1966:

it will get 5 stars, the question is will it win the group test in a future edition.

Having seen the set side by side a samsung 8000 it appears to me to be clearly beter? owning one I am totally satisfied beyond any previous AV purchase (and I've made a few over the years)

i look forward to my copy on return from work tomorrow

Im glad your are so sure about it .. and its a really good set as i said before.. but to tell you the truth i think is time to consider other options.. open your eyes and heart ... and think with your wallet to..

I saw 50vt20 and i could exchange my sammy 50c8000 plasma for it but im very pleased with it and with the advantage of saving a lot of bucks , see the reviews already only , from the well known sources and check in a few days the flatpanels review..

Editing - even at the same price 50vt20 and sammy plasma 50c800 i would go for sammy , if you see it you will know why !

Not just defending my laidy , i also saw great sony sets and lg that make me start to think getting really close to plasma advantages...

look at sonys , lg new sets for a very good price/quality relation ..

this is my best advice .. if anyone needs to know / ask anything about sammy 3d plasma i will try to help ..

A

Anonymous

By some freakish coincidence, 'confirmation bias' is the lead feature on wikipedia today.

A

Anonymous

im not quite sure what you mean by that ... but i would not take you very seriuolsy ..

a user that spend the amount you spend on set (50vt20) and dont even know that was paying for 3d technology certnally would not be the most credible adviser ..

as i said before it is a good set but not the only choice available right now as some of you repetdly and annoying been trying to impose to others ..

thats it ! best regards to all of you !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts