Panasonic 50VT30 is amazing!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

Had my pani delivered last night and i had a good few hours watching different sources and some footy to see what this machine is capable of. Its still early days as I need to run it in but from first impressions this has to be the finest set I have seen and thats comparing it to the Samsung D8000 and the 50VT20 which i previously owned!

I would also go as far as saying its even better then my cousins Kuro and that is a big statement in itself!

I will start by saying i was disapointed with the VT20 due to the 50hz issues as i love football and the floating lines really put me off watching it. I replaced it as I had no choice due to a little friend of mine throwing a playstation Move controller through the screen and it was unrepairable!

Moving onto the VT30, I watched 20 minutes of the football on sky sports HD last night and the 50hz issue is gone! I used the medium intelegent frame creation setting and the picture was perfect. The sharpness of the picture and the handling of motion is much improved from the VT20. I cant wait to get home tonight and see some more!

I would advise anyone looking to buy one of these to look at the panasonic website and see who in your area is doing the 5 year warranty and Blu ray offer as i picked up my TV for £1850 inc 5 year warranty and can claim my free Blu rays from panasonic.

Overall its a bargain TV for the price I paid and anyone who loves watching Blu rays and HD on sky will not be disapointed with this TV.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the 42VT30 and love it also.. its much better than the VT20.. the 50hz bug is not gone.. it is much better though.. and as you say can be eliminated with IFC on mid setting.. i dont know if its better than a kuro.. but Pioneer didnt make a 42" 9g kuro so i think the 42Vt30 might be just up there with the best 42" set ever made..

Bhoj35 said:
Hello all,

Had my pani delivered last night and i had a good few hours watching different sources and some footy to see what this machine is capable of. Its still early days as I need to run it in but from first impressions this has to be the finest set I have seen and thats comparing it to the Samsung D8000 and the 50VT20 which i previously owned!

I would also go as far as saying its even better then my cousins Kuro and that is a big statement in itself!

I will start by saying i was disapointed with the VT20 due to the 50hz issues as i love football and the floating lines really put me off watching it. I replaced it as I had no choice due to a little friend of mine throwing a playstation Move controller through the screen and it was unrepairable!

Moving onto the VT30, I watched 20 minutes of the football on sky sports HD last night and the 50hz issue is gone! I used the medium intelegent frame creation setting and the picture was perfect. The sharpness of the picture and the handling of motion is much improved from the VT20. I cant wait to get home tonight and see some more!

I would advise anyone looking to buy one of these to look at the panasonic website and see who in your area is doing the 5 year warranty and Blu ray offer as i picked up my TV for £1850 inc 5 year warranty and can claim my free Blu rays from panasonic.

Overall its a bargain TV for the price I paid and anyone who loves watching Blu rays and HD on sky will not be disapointed with this TV.

A

Anonymous

Thanx Panny rep.

This would be the best place to biggup the 50vt30 after the avid reader pulled apart the 50vt20.

That is all........

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AVstu said:
Thanx Panny rep. This would be the best place to biggup the 50vt30 after the avid reader pulled apart the 50vt20. That is all........

Not at all sure what all that is meant to mean, but if you are implying that the poster works for Panasonic, can we have some evidence, please, rather than just wild and abusive accusations?

A

Anonymous

Hi Again

Well sorry to sound abusive but the origanal post seems just like a sterile advert with the origanal quips from the vt20 thrown in ie "pioneer beater" and bringing in the sammy into which came out at the same time as the vt20 so owning both?

And nearly all new posters introduce themselves or type erratic for first time nerves.

Lastly bhoj has the knowledge of AV and the probs with the old panny which were all addressed as fixed in the "POST"....most people who are AV savvy who read also post!

End of the day the panny sold well but the purists with the bucks will allways forum their visual choice, so the forums are the hardest to please as any fault will be highlighted and shared so here would be the first place i would go to showcase my product.

thanx
columbo

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
AVstu said:
And nearly all new posters introduce themselves or type erratic for first time nerves.

First time nerves? I've never seen that used as an excuse for poor typing before!

I think that's a bit of a leap you're taking there, particularly the bit about including the Samsung BDP, if he was a Panasonic rep surely he'd be using a Panasonic BDP (which generally get much better reviews than Samsung's)?

A

Anonymous

Bhog35,

Thanks for the review. How far do you sit from the tv and how is the SD picture quality?

Thanks,

Paul.

A

Anonymous

I posted what I did because i'm pleased with the Purchase thats all.

Just to clarify i auditioned the Samsung which is this years model at Currys and owed last years VT20.

Secondly the only reason i mention the 50hz issue is because it effected my veiwing experience so much on the VT20 and now thats its fixed(my opinion) i felt i should share it with others who were effected by this experience.

Lastly the reason why i have AV knowledge is because when i'm about to spend 2k on a TV i want to make sure its the right one for me.

Hope that answers some of your questions

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul,

My seatings set in a way where you can be 1.5m to 3m away from the TV. When watching a movie i have my receiver set to its best at around the 2.5m.

If i was honest 90% of what i watch is in HD as i watch mainly sport on SKY HD, Movies on SKY HD and Blu Rays.

But when my wife watches certain chanels in SD it seems fine. Just bare in mind that different channels are more sharper than others. BBC or discovery SD are still very viewable compared to some other budget SD channels that are available on satelite.

But if i could afford it i would have waited for the 55 or 65inch as being close to this set doesnt make the experience any worse.

In terms of 3D, people i speak to are all spectical, but once they see what SKY 3D can do they are lost for words! its not like watching 3d in cinema, its far more realistic and well worth the premium that you pay for the service.

A

Anonymous

Bhoj35,

Thanks for the quick reply. I also watch mostly HD on Sky HD, but have yet to invest in a Blu-ray player. My wife also likes all sports, especially football, rugby and golf (how lucky am I!).

We sit between 3.3m to 3.7m from the tv, so going from my current 37" HD-ready I can easily go to the 50". And there was me thinking no more than a 46", so just need to convince the other half (37" to 50" seems a big jump and I am sure it looks much bigger at home than when you view a tv in the store).

Happy viewing.

Paul.

A

Anonymous

When it first arrived as i previously had a 36" CRT TV, i was amazed by the size.

But once you appreciate the quality of the picture that these new TV's can produce you are left feeling that you can go even bigger.

I would highly reccomend a good blu ray player and a subscription to Love film!!

If your still undecided on the size, if your arround the NW9 area, pop in and see for yourself.

Maybe you can prove to the chap earlier that i am not a panasonic rep loll

A

Anonymous

Hi,I will agree with your comments,I also think that this tv is far better than my 42"v10,which I thought was a good tv.
The difference picture wise from the v10 to the vt30 is amazing.
I have not seen any issues with flitting blacks or 50htz,but when I watched "The Last Airbender" last week on blueray on a couple of scenes I did see some blurring on the background,if you or any other member has this film take a look,other than that the vt30 is perfect.
I don't know if the running in time effected it as I only had it a couple of hours,I will not let this affect my very happy veiwing of this tv.

A

Anonymous

I am saving up for the 55" version. I think it is the best picture I have ever seen in either 2D, 3D, terrestrial or digital.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Im new to the What Hifi forums, I am very keen on the 50VT30 and was about to purchase on play.com as ~£1955, but then I wouldn't get the 5 yr warranty. Im curious as to how Bhoj35 managed to get it for £1850? Was it a simple of case of haggling!?

Does anyone know of a authorised 5yr warranty dealer in south london who would get close to this price?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts