How does 3D without glasses work and will it be any good??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I saw it mentioned on the Gadget Show and it said it was probably coming this year?

I can't see how glassless 3D would work and will it be a poor version of the current 3d TV with glasses or worth waiting for?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
agree with bigboss, reckon you're talking 4/5 years before glasses free 3d is even approaching the price of the highest prices active shutter sets like the panasonic vt series.. i think your going to see it come with the introduction of 4k screens.. cause you need the 4k resolution or higher to get full hd 3d without glasses

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ferris said:
I saw it mentioned on the Gadget Show and it said it was probably coming this year?

Dear old gadgescamps – so bang up to date...
smiley-wink.gif

A

Anonymous

Yes i know Gadget Show isn't the most imformative show on the box! You gotta love the 2 women on it though, especially that Pollyanna. You know you would!!

Paul.

The head tracking 3d system mentioned that only allows one person to view in 3d does give the benefit of allowing two people to watch two different (2d) tv programs on one tv set. Saw a very impressive demo from Microsoft on that one.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Iv'e watched a few football matches in 3D and just watched the new underworld in 3D,must admit my head is adjusting well to the glasses,even the Mrs enjoys it!!

It would be a great thing to watch glasses free,but having had my GT30 for 6mths i'm glad it wont be available for a good few years yet... :wall:

A

Anonymous

spsplastering

Glad you'd enjoyed watching :rockout: Underworld 4: Awakening is one of the best of 3D movies i've seen thus so far on Blu-Ray.

(Viewed on Sony KDL-52HX903 & Sony BDP-S760 (Multi-Region)

A

Anonymous

This technology is still under initial stage and as bigboss mentioned it would nearly take 3-4 years for this tech to get implemented in the TVs. Currently battery free glasses are the most advanced techs for the 3D glasses. I have an LG 3D TV that has passive glass and I am very much happy with it.

A

Anonymous

If they can pull it off, it will be insane. I doubt it will be coming out within five years. Is it Panasonic that is in the procedure? Until then, LG is the way to go, OLED Tv will be the next revolution, it has already been announced.

darthkims01 said:
If they can pull it off, it will be insane. I doubt it will be coming out within five years. Is it Panasonic that is in the procedure? Until then, LG is the way to go, OLED Tv will be the next revolution, it has already been announced.

1) 3D without glasses is already out, by Toshiba. The technology will take a few years to perfect.

2) OLED is not without its problems currently:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/will-oleds-image-quality-decay-over-time

A

Anonymous

:p I agree with what most people say here. Glassless 3D will have to require lots of patience. If you're interested in 3D tv, you should try LG. Can't wait to get my hands on the OLED! :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts