Do you think4k blu-ray be the last physical media films and TV shows come on?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Optical media give studio broadcast quality pictures and sound, but sadly, many people will sacrifice a bit of quality to have their content streamed, or via Sky etc. It's more convenient and cheaper. I think this is the reason the optical format will die out fairly soon, even if there are many more titles out there every day. It's the same with SACD and DVD Audio. Many people settle for CD quality and don't want to invest in the hardware and still very expensive discs. I stream music and would do the same if I had a TV. My broadband is quick enough to watch stuff over WIFI and even though it's great quality, streaming always involves some sort of compression and can't compete with a 'fixed' perfect quality film on a 4k disc. The sound quality in particular, on Blu ray discs is incredible, but most people don't want the cost and clutter of a surround system, so much of this quality is never realised. I think 95% of people into TV, videos, film, music etc. don't really care about the quality available with Blu Ray and especially 4k, even though all TVs are now this resolution.
You are right Pod, but until streaming catches up with physical formats for sound and picture quality I will remain a physical media man :)

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
Hola
,responiendo a la pregunta dire que....
El cine en streaming hd,4k se esta abriendo a pasos agigantados.

• Transmisión HD, 4K
  • Netflix.
  • AppleTV+
  • HBO máx.
  • Movistar Plus+
  • Amazon Prime Vídeo.
  • Disney+
  • que sera mas rentable..
    Comprar reproductor blueray 4k,
    alquilar en bideoclub pelis 4k ,
    O comprar la peli grabada en disco

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Hola
In answer to the question I will say that...
HD, 4k streaming cinema is opening up in leaps and bounds.

• HD streaming , 4K
  • Netflix.
  • AppleTV+
  • HBO max
  • Movistar Plus+
  • Amazon Prime Video.
  • Disney+
  • which will be more profitable..
    Buy 4k blueray player,
    rent 4k movies at bideoclub,
    or buy the movie recorded on disc
Hello
In answer to the question I will say that....
HD, 4k streaming cinema is opening up in leaps and bounds.

• HD streaming , 4K
  • Netflix.
  • AppleTV+
  • HBO max
  • Movistar Plus+
  • Amazon Prime Video.
  • Disney+
  • which will be more profitable..
    Buy 4k blueray player,
    rent 4k movies at bideoclub,
    or buy the movie recorded on disc

I agree absolutely, I ditched the BBC TV Tax over a year ago; all my TV viewing is via high quality streaming. No regrets.
Yesterday I watched the movie, Poor Things in 4K, extraordinary film, won some Oscars I believe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts