New ATC’s have arrived

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 116933

Thanks for this, I’ll have a play with the settings tomorrow, but if I have this right, my amp is limited to 24/96 so anything above this would be pointless?

Theres a half way house option as well

Edit there’s no half way house. But at least your dac will get its max where possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oxfordian

Oxfordian

Theres a half way house option as well

Halfway house?

I have had a look this morning and the settings on my iPad Pro are lossless up to 24/48.

The bumf on the Apple website states that lossless will be 16bit/44.1KHz or cd quality. This is what I am getting 95% of the time. My guess is that the 24/48 setting will appear for new music added to the catalogue but I could be totally wrong.

This morning’s listening of Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus via AM on lossless middle setting on the iPad is showing as 44.1KHz on the amp, my presumption is that it is being played at 16/44.1 CD quality.

All I know is that it sounds great

Oxfordian

I presume you have good synergy with ATC & Hegel amp, is this in most genres of music?

Out of those little speakers comes a sound that I very much like, I have spent most of the time since they arrived just letting music run through them, mainly Apple Music.

However, I have played a few CD’s in anger, a bit of a mix to see how the speakers performed, a few LP’s have been played mainly jazz, again to see how the speakers performed.

Please bear in mind that the speakers were demo’d with the same sources and amp before I purchased them, so to a degree I knew what to expect, but after the best part of 6 weeks without them I had forgotten just how good they sounded.

So, do I have synergy within my system, for the music I listen too yes, everything gels nicely.

I am sure that for those that like a big heavy thumping bass sound then these little speakers are probably not for them, but me, well I am very very happy with the sound, it is simply stunning.

D

Deleted member 116933

Halfway house?

I have had a look this morning and the settings on my iPad Pro are lossless up to 24/48.

The bumf on the Apple website states that lossless will be 16bit/44.1KHz or cd quality. This is what I am getting 95% of the time. My guess is that the 24/48 setting will appear for new music added to the catalogue but I could be totally wrong.

This morning’s listening of Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus via AM on lossless middle setting on the iPad is showing as 44.1KHz on the amp, my presumption is that it is being played at 16/44.1 CD quality.

All I know is that it sounds great

Then that's all that matters, i was just responding as you asked how to check, but id max everything out then you don't have to worry and you can leave it to its thing. Whether you hear a difference that a tail as old as time.

Its a great little set-up.

Reactions: Oxfordian

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
synergy is exactly that, musical genres is irrelevant, the speakers don't know what sort of music you are playing.....

I understand the above yet I had a Naim system with Epos speakers and the 'synergy' was very good with most music but Classical music was a bit wanting. Play something like the Pogues or Santana the synergy was there in spades yet play something like Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries the sound of the orchestra was not exactly there which I put it down to the Naim components. Hence the reason for my question as to most genres of music.

Oxfordian

I understand the above yet I had a Naim system with Epos speakers and the 'synergy' was very good with most music but Classical music was a bit wanting. Play something like the Pogues or Santana the synergy was there in spades yet play something like Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries the sound of the orchestra was not exactly there which I put it down to the Naim components. Hence the reason for my question as to most genres of music.

The speakers along with other parts of the kit were demo’d before placing an order, therefore the music run through them was my music so this gave me a good chance to hear how they would sound.

Whilst I don’t mind ‘light classical’ I own hardly any and have no plan to add anything to the collection. Opera, Reggae, Dance, Electronic are all genres that may appear via a compilation LP or CD but are again otherwise missing from my collection.

My aim was to get a system that works well with the music that I want to play, this my system does, and I am very happy with the sound.

If I do pick up music from a genre that I don’t usually listen too then I am unlikely to know if the sound is good, bad or indifferent..

In summary the system gives me a sound that I really like, it suits my listening style, I don’t like it over loud, there is good detail and a nice crispness to the sound. At some point I will audition a subwoofer but that is for the future, now I am just going to sit back and enjoy the music.

Reactions: Al ears
If I do pick up music from a genre that I don’t usually listen too then I am unlikely to know if the sound is good, bad or indifferent..

Rest assured with ATC monitors you will know and instantly. ATC monitors reveal all genre of music and movie soundtracks in an uncoloured and natural manner. Simple (y)

ATC Transducer. A precision monitoring instrument.

Btw, I am writing this with my ATC polo shirt on today. A selfie of my polo shirt :)

atc polo shirt.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts