music from pc to av amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,you have probably been asked a million times before but here goes,what are my options for getting music from my p.c to my yamaha dsp-ax863se,the pc is running windows xp and am using i-tunes,it has an optical out and 5.1 sockets at the rear,the amp is situated about 6m away from the p.c and is powering kef kht3005se,can't afford to spend too many pennies(well,maybe a few) yet so no dedicated stereo speakers or amp but my midi system just died on which the sound was worse than dreadful so just getting the music there i hope would be an upgrade though suggestions for future spending also much appreciated,cheers.

bballtom

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
It is possible to buy a 6m optical cable from the back of your sound card to the amp, I know my creative sound card uses a mini coaxial cable but not come across one with optical before.

You could also buy 3 x Stereo 3.5mm Mini Jack Male to 2x RCA Phono cable which can use the audio outs on the back of the sound card to the multi channel in put on the back of the amp.

Not sure what quality cables you can get but have a look around. Of course this assumes you don't mind having 6m worth of cable trailing across the room (or more importantly your misses doesn't mind, mine hates cables!)

A

Anonymous

Yep, the cheapest route as stated would be to run an optical cable to your receiver. Here is a selection of lengths and prices. I wouldn't bother with phono over that distance - optical will sound better and will allow you too slot a DAC in at a later point, maybe if you get dedicated stereo speakers.

Alternatively if you have a wireless network you could get an Apple Airport Express for £65 (to which you could also add an external DAC later).

A

Anonymous

Cheers people,have purchased an optical cable and am quite happy with the sound,not as good as my ipod dock though but that can be worked on when the funds allow,just got to put it under the floor boards with the rest of the spaghetti,merry xmas.

TRENDING THREADS