MI Clic app

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi about 18 months ago I purchased the M1 Clic and upgraded most of my hi fi. It hs been well worth it and I love the system. My one gripe is the dreadful app for the Clic.

I am not a hifi buff or a technical wizard so would like to know if it would be possible to use another app. The Clic one is really not fit for purpose, as I am sure fellow MF users will agree.

I have a masssive music collection and do not want to start ripping CDs again, infact I still have not ripped my complete connection and its been 18 months since the Clic purchase. I use the DB Poweramp software.

Any suggestions or guidance appreciated as the app actually stops me from using the Clic sometimes. If I have just bought a CD i sometimes just stick the CD in to avoid using the app.

Cheers

Steve

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve,

What seems to be the problem with the CLiC app? Is it an iPhone or iPad app?

Not really sure the problem u mentioned here as there is no link between the app and also the ripping software. Care to ellaborate more?

I use the app on a daily basis to control my CLiC. The only issue I have is there is no search function by just typing what I want to look for... Like a search function..

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I use it on both my iPAD and my I phone. Its just not user friendly I dont think.

Its very slow to respond to any command. When playing a track to play another one I have to click back first for it to work. The search facility is too slow. When I click on the letter in the alphabet down the side to search quicker it does not even go to the letter I clicked.

I notice it gets bad reviews on the app store too.

The ripping of my CDs is not an issue, I was just wondering if I could use a different app.

Before I bought the CLIC i looked at and had a demo of a Naim product and their app was excellent.

I love my Clic, but HATE the app.

Regards

Steve

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Singslinger said:
I've found that it sometimes helps to remove the app from your Ipad, switch the Ipad off then on, then download the app again.

Hi I have tried this and does not seem to make a difference, thanks for your help though.

I find the best way of searching for music is by album as I can see the cover, just sometimes hard to remember an album title. Otherwise its the dreaded artist/album search., which is a bind.

I take it that I cant use any other apps with the Clic?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Before the CLiC app was available, I used MediaConnect which allows me to choose the track on my NAS to be played on the CLiC.... Full control to play, pause, next track etc... But its not actually controlling the CLiC ... If u know what I mean...

I can also stream tracks from my iPhone straight into the CliC wirelessly using this app.

For me, the CLiC app only acts up on a 'bad' wifi day ie when thw signal is weak.

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
This might be related to the speed of your NAS / PC / Mac (wherever you store your music files) or wireless network.

Can you please tell us where these are stores and how this is connected to the rest of your network?

And do you have full indexing etc for the files?

TRENDING THREADS