Question Rega saturn-r

Belerofon

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
Guys is it here Rega Saturn-r CD player owner? I have sometimes issues with CDR playback. CD's skipping and then drive try load them again, I must stop the CD a play it again. With original CD is not any problems but with CDR sometimes is. I'm using Tayo yunden media, top of the class, is it Rega unit faulty? I own CD player for 8 months now, anyone with same issues?

Belerofon

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
Have you tried any other CDR brand on the Rega?
Do the Tayo CDRs play without problem on other players?
I've tried another media of course, Verbatim etc. Or change burning speed, normally I burn CD's at lowest speed. My previous CD player marantz play them without issue. Very strange, I've heard some stories about Rega's player's have "own mind".

Gray

I've burned hundreds of CDRs since 1998.
Years ago your problem was fairly common.
I wouldn't expect any new player to have problems reading CDR.
The fact that your Marantz had no problem, seems to confirm the Rega doesn't like recordables.
Why not get on to your dealer and / or Rega to see what they've got to say (even if it's only "bad luck". At least you'd know where you stand)

Belerofon

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
I've burned hundreds of CDRs since 1998.
Years ago your problem was fairly common.
I wouldn't expect any new player to have problems reading CDR.
The fact that your Marantz had no problem, seems to confirm the Rega doesn't like recordables.
Why not get on to your dealer and / or Rega to see what they've got to say (even if it's only "bad luck". At least you'd know where you stand)
Most Hi-end player's have problems with CDR, some even not supported. I'm not sure if dealer can help me, I'll try write Rega directly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts