McIntosh Lifestyle system?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised to catch sight of one of these in store the other day. I had no idea McIntosh did a lifestyle system. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to have a listen or ask the price. It seems it's been out for a couple of years. The styling, which I don't mind on some of their bigger kit, feels prety brutal on this little system. Anyone heard it? 75w per channel. Would anyone pay thousands of pounds for it?

XL_MXA60_1_D.jpg

A

Anonymous

Main features of the McIntosh MXA 60 audio system:
  • 60th anniversary model
  • 75w per channel output
  • 2 way loudspeaker output
  • cast aluminium loudspeaker construction
  • loudspeaker tilt
  • CD/SACD player
  • 24-bit, 192kHz sampling Burr Brown DAC
  • AM/FM tuner with RBDS Display
  • Balanced and Unbalanced audio input
  • Line Level Output
  • Vacuum Tube Pre-amplifier
  • ThermalTrak Output Transistors
  • Power Guard
  • Two line Vacuum fluorescent Display
  • illumination output watt meters
  • R-Core Power Transformer
  • 1/4 inch headphone Jack
£7138.73

A

Anonymous

Agreed, and it especially annoys me when UK companies give their products higher RRPs in the UK than in the US!

A

Anonymous

Alears said:
I like the sound of those specs. I also like Andrews price a wee bit better. Would seem it an awful lot cheaper to buy in the States (£4596 equivalent). Never could get my head round that price differential.

Worth flying over and bringing one back for that saving!

Maybe you could just declare it as a personal stereo? ;)

Lovely quality McIntosh, makes Naim look rather sad considering the similar pricing.

A

Anonymous

I think the main unit, as with all Macintosh gear, looks great, but the speakers look abit naff.

I don't the 7k spare anyway, so not really a problem that affects me :cry:

I need a lottery win so I can have a legitimate moan!

Carrying one back from the States seems a good idea, though I think I'd need a bigger rucksac.
Do you think it runs 220v as well as 110volt or would you need a step-down transformer?
Purely hypothetical question of course - as I too would need a lottery win and a good moan!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts