Mains conditioner/hub to go with Wireworld power cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently bought a Wireworld Stratus 5(2) power cable for the cd player.(http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/wireworld_5_2.htm) Very noticable. Deeper and more clearly defined bass, improved detail and punch and generally more 'ordered' sound, if that makes sense. So now I'm a believer...

*The dealer told me to avoid mains conditioning blocks as they can have a slowing/softening effect. Is this true, and if so is this also true of all dedicated mains hubs?

*For anyone who's tried this brand, will it be worth buying one for the amp (perhaps changing the one on the CD player to Aurora and using the Stratus on the amp)?

The latest incarnations of these cables aren't reviewed, which is a shame as they make a big difference IMO.

A

Anonymous

Hi, let me start by saying I have been using various Mains Conditioning improvements along with modifications to my Hi-Fi for over 20 years now.

Firstly I have found you cannot beat having a dedicated mains shielded spur (not a mains ring IMHO) run directly from its own consumer unit which has excellent grounding.

Your dealers is right to an extent, some ways of mains filtering do increase the resistance on the line, but others don't.

The way that has given me the best results was to put the mains supply through a big Mains Transformer then Reservoir Capacitors (for stored energy, voltage spikes and transient demand off Amps) and trip protection.
Result is a really clean feed with the ability to supply any load that is demanded off it.
Equipment is far less stressed, runs smoother, the Pre-Amp sections have no noise floor to contend with meaning you are getting the very best out of the components in the circuits.

The best bit though is no matter what you buy in the future you will always have your mains conditioning equipment to use with it. It is a one off expense that doesn't need upgrading.

A

Anonymous

trevor79:The way that has given me the best results was to put the mains supply through a big Mains Transformer then Reservoir Capacitors

If you had there would have been an almighty bang as the reservoir capacitors exploded.

A

Anonymous

trevor79:No bang, working nicely thank you.

You're a lucky man so far. Capacitors of a type and value suitable for use as a reservoir should never be connected directly across AC.

A

Anonymous

Not me, BT.

Can't open the box due to the rivits, but there's 2 large AC smoothing caps in there, cannot tell the values.
But they allow a constant, stable supply of full bodied mains out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts