igor presnyakov.. wow!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with the world. Why can't artist who deserve to be on the world stage be on the world stage.

Have you guys heard if Igor presnyakov.

Sorry I had to share..... He sounds great on your stereo too, eh,em.
Although his music is only available via the net.

Thompsonuxb said:
What's wrong with the world. Why can't artist who deserve to be on the world stage be on the world stage.

Have you guys heard if Igor presnyakov.

Sorry I had to share..... He sounds great on your stereo too, eh,em. Although his music is only available via the net.

So that's about 80% of the forum who will never hear him then
regular_smile.gif

Anyone who does not release their works on CD, even today, is not really going to get boosted to the world stage. He has been around for enough years now you would think he'd realise man cannot live by MP3 alone.
regular_smile.gif

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
After much research apparently there us a CD...

'Iggyfied'

So far have only found the down load but the word CD is used.

Downloads are such a lottery, CD, vinyl you pays your money.......

But downloads there is always a better version......pah!.

Thompsonuxb said:
After much research apparently there us a CD...

'Iggyfied'

So far have only found the down load but the word CD is used.

Downloads are such a lottery, CD, vinyl you pays your money.......

But downloads there is always a better version......pah!.

Better than c**p quality MP3's hopefully, which is all I've seen so far.

NOTE:- He had a Kickstarter campaign going in 2012 to raise money for an album to be made (or so he said). Nothing's come of it apparently.

Alec said:
are those MP3s?*

He seems a bit nich to me, after watching a youtube vid or two. I've seen him before now I think of it...

*Fight! Fight!

Correction. Highlighted on site it says MP3 however on further investigation you do actually get:- 'MP3, MP3-320, and FLAC files'.

Although it does not state what resolution the flac files are. There is, however, still no sign of any physical media. So thompsonusb is correct when he says 'only available on the net' (i.e. only downloadable files rather than using internet to order a CD or LP)

He's a bit too niche for me too..
regular_smile.gif
But he did manage to get >$32,000 out of some people...

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Overdose said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Al ears said:

He well deserves it every penny, he can play the guitar!

I'm a sucker for acoustic guitar music, like Enio Morricone for exemple...

Enio Morricone is a composer.

Oh my, yes it is, I wanted to say Antonio Forcione!!!

Thanks Overdose!

That's the one.... and very accomplished he is too. He also has stuff available on vinyl....
regular_smile.gif

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Overdose said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Al ears said:

Thanks Overdose!

That's the one, all the same these Italians
regular_smile.gif
, and very accomplished he is too. He also has stuff available on vinyl.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Overdose said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Al ears said:

Thanks Overdose!

That's the one.... and very accomplished he is too. He also has stuff available on vinyl....

And with a Naim Stamp on it! I've got in vinyl "Meet In London with Sabina Sciubba" a wonderful record!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My favorite acoustic guitar player is Martin Taylor , he is the most technically gifted player I have ever seen and heard !

The guitar becomes part of him as the sound eminates from the guitar with total effortlessness and perfect timing , the sound literally just flows out of him .

I sat six feet from him when he played this song at the Mick Jagger centre in Dartford and it was spellbinding .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnK8u02Xssk

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to say Igor is better, imo.

Check out his rendition of Miley Cyrus's - Cannon Ball.

Before you dismiss it has not your sort if thing just have a listen. He plays bass, while running with vocals and midrange and covers percussion. On one guitar......amazing... Totally transforms the track .

Thanks for the other recommendations fellas........

Electro said:
My favorite acoustic guitar player is Martin Taylor , he is the most technically gifted player I have ever seen and heard !

The guitar becomes part of him as the sound eminates from the guitar with total effortlessness and perfect timing , the sound  literally just flows out of him .

I sat six feet from him when he played this song  at the Mick Jagger centre in Dartford and it was spellbinding .

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Antonio Forcione is good, I like his Tears of Joy and Acoustic Revenge albums. My choice for acoustic guitar would be Michael Hedges, check out his Aerial Boundaries album if you don't know it, its prized audiophile album on vinyl.

As for Igor well I tried a couple of his tracks, does not do much for me.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:

Before you dismiss it has not your sort if thing just have a listen. He plays bass, while running with vocals and midrange and covers percussion. On one guitar......amazing... Totally transforms the track .

Electro said:

The guitar becomes part of him as the sound eminates from the guitar with total effortlessness and perfect timing , the sound literally just flows out of him .

I sat six feet from him when he played this song at the Mick Jagger centre in Dartford and it was spellbinding .

Think you mean Wrecking Ball?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't bother with Igor Presnyakov when I can enjoy talents such as legal hi-res downloads. He is a street player yet he has multiple albums available. However, Estas doesn't play covers of Gangnam Style on youtube like Igor. He may not be your thing Thompson.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol...oh no you didn't, but it looks like you did.

Igor is better than Estas Tonne - why?

Well listened to some Estas, I take it he is classically trained, to my ears he is too structured too well behaived - as broke as he looked too refined.
I find its like listening to the Japanese/Chinese artist, too much discipline.

They also have a tendency to use backing tracks.

Igor is raw! ...With a deep understanding of his instrument he plays free, yes these are his interpretation/composition of others music but he owns the tracks he plays, duff notes/chords an all.

Just my opinion though - still looking for his CD the down loads are not crisp.

Actually, you like Jazz try this album.

D'Angelo's - 'Brown sugar' it a fusion of jazz/soul and R&B.

Give the album about a week, allow it to marinate - if you liked Gregory porter give this album a listen.

Let me know what you think. Remember don't dismiss it after a single listen let it soak in.......

Vladimir said:
I wouldn't bother with Igor Presnyakov when I can enjoy talents such as legal hi-res downloads. He is a street player yet he has multiple albums available. However, Estas doesn't play covers of Gangnam Style on youtube like Igor. He may not be your thing Thompson.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol......

Old father time is a catching up with me, thanks for the correction.

BigH said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Electro said:

The guitar becomes part of him as the sound eminates from the guitar with total effortlessness and perfect timing , the sound  literally just flows out of him .

I sat six feet from him when he played this song  at the Mick Jagger centre in Dartford and it was spellbinding .

?

Think you mean Wrecking Ball?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Lol...oh no you didn't, but it looks like you did.

Igor is better than Estas Tonne - why?

Well listened to some Estas, I take it he is classically trained, to my ears he is too structured too well behaived - as broke as he looked too refined. I find its like listening to the Japanese/Chinese artist, too much discipline.

They also have a tendency to use backing tracks.

Igor is raw! ...With a deep understanding of his instrument he plays free, yes these are his interpretation/composition of others music but he owns the tracks he plays, duff notes/chords an all.

Just my opinion though - still looking for his CD the down loads are not crisp.

I have very low opinion of this Igor guy, but I'll save the forum from reading my negative opinion. Let's just move on from Miley Cyrus plucking on youtube.

Thompsonuxb said:
Actually, you like Jazz try this album.

D'Angelo's - 'Brown sugar' it a fusion of jazz/soul and R&B.

Give the album about a week, allow it to marinate - if you liked Gregory porter give this album a listen.

Let me know what you think. Remember don't dismiss it after a single listen let it soak in.......

Has absolutely nothing to do with jazz or Gregory Porter. But yes, it is a sweet r'n'b and soul album, I don't mind it at all. I may need to call an ex for a visit to have this really soak in per your suggestion.

Here's some swagger you may like, it's gucci bb. The RH Factor - Distractions

How about this oldie but goldie. Nightmares on Wax - LateNightTales

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Let the D'Angelo marinate - from 'Crusin' onwards..... If your systems good keep listening. You'll hear the jazz, it's good.

Already have the RH-factor (many years).

Try Ben Williams 'State of the art' the guest appearance by Christian Scott on the 'Lee Morgan story'.....have a listen.

Will check out the last suggestion.

You really need to go through igors vids sometime.....sooner or later you'll hear something that will open your eyes.....I'm sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts