Icon Aero HI-FI Stand - Star Discrepancy?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I am on the lookout for a Hi-Fi Rack to replace my cabinet, I am not 100% sure I want my DVD HDD Recorder on an open Rack is it is quite noisy but I really aught to get a decent support.

I Liked the look of this Rack when I saw it in the Ultimate guide to systems where it got Best for style 5 stars and the description says "Rhythms are Taut and Well Rounded, and it Delivers plenty of drive", on this site the Review gives it a mere 3 stars and says "This distinctive and stylish rack is perfect for those who like a lighter listen". Surely a Lighter listen and Plenty of drive are opposites?

Can I get some feedback please looks and lack of adjustability aside is this a decent Rack considering I have seen it under £200 and cable management is a must with all of my kit.

wharfe

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Although this thread is old.. it lacks response.

I've just replaced my old wooden sideboard with the Icon aero.. there is a great deal of difference in sound but that's likely due to the fact that my old sideboard was between the speakers and was 5 feet wide.. thus being very close to the speakers.

However.... I like the Icon Aero as a stand but... for quality hi fi ? ... no, it's not sturdy atall.. you can put one finger on a corner post and rock it around all day long.. and this is even after i've let it settle before retightening all the bolts and using spikes.

TRENDING THREADS