outlaw1985

Mar 4, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone!

My oldie but silverish Soundblaster DAC (not goldie anymore) has had harsh time recently (getting very hot bcs 24bit downgrading to 16bit). Due to my total reconfiguration of computer workplace area I had to dissmiss my very lovely but old vintage amp and huge speakers. Choice was made and i went into Edifier s360db 2.1 system. Wow! it is not a rocket but can shake my neighbours walls. It has full range 24bit interface and hi res response possibilities but my Soundblaster hasn't got any of these... That is why I am looking for some solutions. Many reviews have I read, many tests (numbers) have I seen... The, closest to my heart, sound of DAC (according to the Net materials) went to a few DAC products listed below. I would be over the moon, if anyone would just tell me (me - the dumb one) if my paths are good?

Aims to achieve :

- punchy crispy wide neutral bass (cambridge DAC magic200m)
- selectable positions of particular sound (Yulong DAART Canary II or higher models - Aurora, Da -10, Aquila II )
- pleasurable vocals, wide scene (both Cambide or any DAART model)
- decent headphone option too (unbalanced but both unbalanced and balanced option would be great - all mentioned models have it)

I know i cannot have all for this price. But can you help me what to choose ? Music played only via USB and at least 24bit signal, Mostly rock, progrock, metal, progmetal.

Or... Maybe there is also some product that I missed?

cheers
Bob

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Your paths are good!?! ;) (NB: from a guy who always shops for and is satisfied with internal/built-in DACs. :unsure:)

Unless the connections are insufficient, from reviews/reports, that Canary II appears to be a good deal. I'd shop for a returnable option to evaluate here and how.

It still surprises me that DACs don't (tend to?) have remote controls.

Last edited:
Reactions: outlaw1985

outlaw1985

Mar 4, 2024
Visit site
Your paths are good!?! ;) (NB: from a guy who always shops for and is satisfied with internal/built-in DACs. :unsure:)

Unless the connections are insufficient, from reviews/reports, that Canary II appears to be a good deal. I'd shop for a returnable option to evaluate here and how.

It still surprises me that DACs don't (tend to?) have remote controls.
Since the signal will come from usb only I have recently found creative ae9 which might do all the works properly, too. if 10 year old creative device can almost satisfy me (under 16bit they do just fine even today and it is not a stereo device!).

With time I would add Canary II or CA Dacmagic200m (I guess)and it will be the definite end of my search. If Creative is as good as people say, I would invest into it.
it has dedicated headphone amp hand steering wheel and all the fancy shmantsy processors are on the internal card (a huge one as for soundcard).

with Yulong products there is only one small problem... you have to preorder it directly from the official distributor because they dont have them on stock per se. So I cannot have with them returnable option unless they are somehow broken...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts