http://www.ebacoustics.com

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
willgaunt:I hear that a point against was size.

That was just an 'unofficial' opinion from JD stating that he thought they looked big.

A speaker is the size it is.

You can't mark down a small speaker for not being big, or penalise a big speaker for not being small.

A

Anonymous

Will. I know you've got a pair on order. All I'll tell you is DON'T worry!!

A

Anonymous

Chubby!!

long time no speak. Did you like what I said about tone control post?? (Just to take this off-topic)

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
chebby:

willgaunt:I hear that a point against was size.

That was just an 'unofficial' opinion from JD stating that he thought they looked big.

A speaker is the size it is.

You can't mark down a small speaker for not being big, or penalise a big speaker for not being small.

Actually size isn't the issue as far as I'm concerned - I'm moving from floorstanders anyway so it really doesn't worry me. Just interested and typically impatient!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:Chubby!!

long time no speak. Did you like what I said about tone control post?? (Just to take this off-topic)

Ee Bricky!!

Yes I did thanks.

Although good parametric equalisers can be more expensive than an entire mid-range hifi of the kind your speakers are aimed at. And they have professional studio 'aesthetics' that would look awful in most domestic settings.

A

Anonymous

chebby:

EB Ricky:Chubby!!

Ee Bricky!!

Yes I did thanks.

Although good parametric equalisers can be more expensive than an entire mid-range hifi of the kind your speakers are aimed at. And they have professional studio 'aesthetics' that would look awful in most domestic settings.

Paras don't need to be as complex as the one's in the studio but we'll talk about that on the proper post. Wasss happnin about showing this review??. Don't think it's gonna happen mate. Do you??

A

Anonymous

SteveR750:

These look interesting, anyone got their pair yet and can tell us what they are like.

Ricky, intrigued about your comment a while back " they would be fine with something like a Kandy" does this mean you used one to develop them?? The Neats dont do it for me, the spennies not quite perfect, so the next step was to audition some SCM11 and 19s but these make the world suddenl;y a lot more interesting!

I used a Caspian as opposed to a Kandy but the driveability of both amps is similar.

SteveR750

EB Ricky:SteveR750:
These look interesting, anyone got their pair yet and can tell us what they are like.

Ricky, intrigued about your comment a while back " they would be fine with something like a Kandy" does this mean you used one to develop them?? The Neats dont do it for me, the spennies not quite perfect, so the next step was to audition some SCM11 and 19s but these make the world suddenl;y a lot more interesting!

I used a Caspian as opposed to a Kandy but the driveability of both amps is similar.

Thank you sir!

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
willgaunt dont worry about the review you are not missing much really poor right up do detail about half a page tops and it tells nothing about what kit they used cables stands and they dont give any info on bass range or anything they go on about build yet they dont show pics of the side bottom back of the speaker. It gets 5 stars and i really wish i had £500 spare now eb1's look awesome.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:willgaunt dont worry about the review you are not missing much really poor right up do detail about half a page tops and it tells nothing about what kit they used cables stands and they dont give any info on bass range or anything they go on about build yet they dont show pics of the side bottom back of the speaker. It gets 5 stars and i really wish i had £500 spare now eb1's look awesome.

Bang goes one of the reasons I would buy a copy of WHF this month.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
EB Ricky:Wasss happnin about showing this review??. Don't think it's gonna happen mate. Do you??

Well, when I was in the office last week I thought the plan was to put it on the site this weekend. But unfortunately I have been in Venice this weekend seeing some rather larger speakers, with a rather larger price-tag - ?140k+ - so I am not sure what's happened in this respect... BTW blog coming soon on those speakers, having some picture problems ATM...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Agreed: not an entirely unpleasant way to spend a weekend seeing and listening to a speaker with a production run of 30, all of which are sold, so unlikely ever to be reviewed (by me, at least)...

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan: He may be buying the wrong magazine.

But the review's not in Mayfair. Is it???

A

Anonymous

chebby:

EB Ricky:What's Smuggs on about??

It seems he has read the EB2 review and thinks it's rubbish. (The review, not the speaker.)

I think.

Whatever it says, it's a 1st test. If they do a group test with it, (hmmmmm) then they will go into more detail. 1st test in my experience is only a starting point. Wish I could see this review!.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:EB Ricky:

JohnDuncan: He may be buying the wrong magazine.

But the review's not in Mayfair. Is it???

No - Haymarket, which is a few roads further east.

Silly me! (??????).

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

EB Ricky:Wasss happnin about showing this review??. Don't think it's gonna happen mate. Do you??

Umm, Ricky? Clicky...

Are you into poetry then Andrew?

A

Anonymous

I really don't know what all the fuss was about. It's as I said, a first test. Did better than I thought actuaally. The acid test will be when it is put up aginst some good competition ( says he
emotion-42.gif
).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts