http://www.ebacoustics.com

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Yeah must be a bit of an anticlimax having them only being called "a remarkable accomplishment" I guess.

No John. Not at all. I'm genuinely impressed. What I'm not impressed with is the comment that the review was rubbish. That was a standard first test review. If they'e earned a place in a groupie then the real review will be then.

A

Anonymous

Right. Here we go. According to Simon Lucas who has just been promoted ( no, not to stock control) to features editor, the shoot out of EB2/SCM11 is in the September issue which, according to Simon, is on the stands from the 27th of July. This is the acid test I was on about. As per normal, nothing was said about the review and I don't think this one will be posted before the magazine comes out.On paper, the SCM11 was the logical choice because, in my opinion, it's the only other closed box design that actually works. Let's wait n' see what the guys made of all this. Here's hopin'. If EB2's done well here, there will be celebration at Kidderminster HQ, een if it doesn't beat it outright. SCM11's one helluva speaker.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you subscribed, you could be reading it today
emotion-2.gif

stumpy66

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Just have, i wasnt planning on upgrading my speakers yet, but having just read the review im sorely tempted, i guess the new amp might have to wait til Santa pays a visit
emotion-2.gif

Great review, well done EB A

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Great!

There's another issue I won't need to buy now.

Although if I have correctly interpreted stumpy66's last post, then there is going to be a major meltdown at a certain ATC dealership in Derby.

All the best.

Chebby @ What Hifi forums

A

Anonymous

stumpy66:

Just have, i wasnt planning on upgrading my speakers yet, but having just read the review im sorely tempted,

Great review, well done EB A

Whaaattt??? You are kiddin' me!

A

Anonymous

chebby:

Although if I have correctly interpreted stumpy66's last post, then there is going to be a major meltdown at a certain ATC dealership in Derby.

Maybe not. From stumpy's post all I can deduce is that EB2 held it's own. I won't know if it 'knocked the ATC over' until I read the review so meltdown may not occur.
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:My lips are sealed EB Ricky!
emotion-16.gif

I agree but I'm not going to read anything into anything until I see the review, and not the one on the web either. They always make more sense in the magazine.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
EB Ricky:
emotion-16.gif

They always make more sense in the magazine.

Not always the case, but as it's a head-to-head in this instance I take your point!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:EB Ricky:

emotion-16.gif

They always make more sense in the magazine.

Not always the case, but as it's a head-to-head in this instance I take your point!
emotion-5.gif

Hmmmm!!
emotion-40.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Cant someone at WHF fax or email a copy of the review to Ricky? (He is a manufacturer after all.)

I'm sure he'd 'keep mum' until us plebs have bought our copies.

(Maybe a subscriber with a scanner could put Ricky out of his misery and send it to EB Acoustics email address?)

chebby:

Cant someone at WHF fax or email a copy of the review to Ricky? (He is a manufacturer after all.)

I'm sure he'd 'keep mum' until us plebs have bought our copies.

(Maybe a subscriber with a scanner could put Ricky out of his misery and send it to EB Acoustics email address?)

I agree, Chebby. I would be happy to email a copy to Ricky, but I've yet to receive mine.

A

Anonymous

bluebrazil:with what i read ricky your speakers are as good as paracetamol

Great!!. Paracetamol doesn't work on me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts