http://www.ebacoustics.com

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hum, ordered my pair of EB1's 5 weeks ago, was hoping to receive them this week or next week... Now I'm kinda worried, both about my speakers and my credit card number.. all previously existing pages now point to 404s :(

Hopefully everything will be alright... [*-)] [:'(]

A

Anonymous

Oh wait - just checked, I paid via paypal :) That's one worry less...

A

Anonymous

Indeed :) Those errors look worrying though. Time will prove me wrong...

T

the record spot

Nope, shows as Forbidden on my screen, both from Chebby's link and a separate Google search.

However, a quick "Whois" makes for some very interesting reading...

A

Anonymous

Ordered a pair on March 4. Still waiting. I rang about 2 weeks ago and they said they have my order but the speakers are not ready yet. I'm nearly 8 weeks waiting now!!!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:However, a quick "Whois" makes for some very interesting reading...

Not really. If you are referring to Peter Comeau. It is well known that he is associated with the EB1 design.

A

Anonymous

Oh my, ordered march 20th, so on my sixth week, and I was starting to get this delivery feeling... seems like I'll have to wait a bit longer. I hope they're worth the wait
emotion-39.gif

T

the record spot

chebby:
the record spot:However, a quick "Whois" makes for some very interesting reading...

Not really. If you are referring to Peter Comeau. It is well known that he is associated with the EB1 design.

Okay.

"Makes for some very interesting reading...for me".

emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

Ah, I should clarify, I'm not suggesting anything untoward, got a lot of time for Peter Comeau (liked his articles in Hi Fi World and chuffed he's at IAG), it was really more of a reference to Chebby's post. I wasn't aware, or had forgotten, he'd been involved with EB as well. Just assumed he'd been snapped up exclusively by IAG when he went there.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Just visited the eb website, and it looks like is't been completely changed recently.

And one strange thing: I tried ordering an EB1, and when I got redirected to paypal, it states that the money will be transfered to "Arcaydis"...
172270281bli.jpg

Andrew, is it possible to remove all this white space in my post? I can't seem to find how.

T

the record spot

EB and Arcaydis are related entities, in as much as Richard Allan is involved heavily in both. Might just be, without knowing better, they've brought both under the same umbrella as it were. Might be easier to administer I think.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
yann2:Oh my, ordered march 20th, so on my sixth week, and I was starting to get this delivery feeling... seems like I'll have to wait a bit longer. I hope they're worth the wait
emotion-39.gif

They are. I love mine.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
kevinJ:Andrew, is it possible to remove all this white space in my post? I can't seem to find how.

Done. We exist to serve.

And to answer other points, it would seem perfect sense, given that the two speaker brands are being made by the same (relatively small) company, that it has a single payments system, in order to keep overheads down.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Given the recent 'detective work' in evidence on this thread, I think the ownership of the brands may be different. And what's the problem with having two brands?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:Would it not also make sense to simply badge them all 'Arcaydis' or 'EB', rather than splitting the brands up?

IAG don't. (Since we were discussing Peter Comeau earlier). The same company make Wharfedale, Castle, Quad and Mission speakers.

matthewpiano

No problem, just seems slightly pointless, especially for such small entities.

I think IAG is rather different. A much bigger company and I think their spread of brands is about engaging fans of as many different brands and their 'house' sounds as possible. I read an interview about Peter Comeau in which he said that the various brands were voiced towards their own traditional sounds so that (For example) a modern Castle carries forward characteristics found in earlier examples and so on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts