fresh speakers it will be

dcarr2

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Following a recent posting it was suggested new speakers were the answer, so just tested today in store B & W CM1's alongside Monitor RX2. They used Rotel amp. similar in spec. to mine at home. With a reasonable range of classical stuff, I could not tell much difference, the CM1 certainly packs a punch for size, perhaps the Rx2 was a bit fuller and more warm.Certainly bass sound through both was o.k.
Can go back with my own amp., has anyone got experience of either or both brands for in terms of getting to the detail of multi layered classical pieces, please? it is clarity and smoothness, I like and these seem good.
David

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have heard the CM1s with some Rega cd/amps and dac, yes they were quite good, much better than the Rega RS1s which in comparison sounded veiled with a blanket. If anything the bass was a touch too much and they needed some driving so Rega amp was not the best IMHO. I played a variety of music, jazz, classical, world, vocals, rock. If you can I would try the Kef R100s and AE301s, Epos Epic 2/3s.. What amp do you have?

Better to try them at home if you can then the room difference will be eliminated, the room makes a big difference IMO.

matthewpiano

I wasn't very keen on the CM1s when I heard them and thought they were overly forced sounding in the bass and not very natural sounding. I would second the suggestion to try KEFs but would say it might also be worth trying the Q300s, which are really good speakers if you can give them a bit of space.

dcarr2

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, all helpful, At moment have harmon Kardon 970 amp, quite powerful, though not really able to fully use. Current speakers are Monitor Audio BR2.
Many thanks
David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts