FREE Chord HDMI Active (1.5m)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Andrew, I have already emailed you and I'm sure you've passed it on... My real name is Richard Oldershaw.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Well - I recieved the following email this morning:

Dear Mr [*],

Thank you for your email regarding What Hi-Fi?

We can see from our records that the Chord HDMI Active 1.5m Cable has
been sent and as this has not been received, we can only assume that it
has gone astray in transit. We regret to advise that we have no further
stock of the cable and we therefore offer an extension of 3 issues or
one of the following alternatives QED Performance HDMI 1m Cable.

Please confirm which alternative you would like.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to
your reply.

Kind Regards

http://www.whathifi.com/

This isn't really satisfactory - I subscribed on the strength of confirmation that there were 174 cables in stock, so felt confident that I was getting a 1.5m HDMI cable with a rrp of £115. The alternative is "an extension of 3 issues or [sic.] one of the following alternatives QED Performance HDMI 1m Cable". Three issues is about a tenner and the QED is £25.

Given I already have QED Performance, and only subscribed on the basis I could upgrade it's a real let-down and a pretty poor choice, even by Hobson's standard. I guess with Hallowe'en there's a certain degree of ennui towards even "Scary Clare"...
emotion-6.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura

I have no idea why you have been sent that. Subscriptions know you are one of the readers we are trying to sort out with the Chord Active cable you should have got all along, and yet they seem to have sent you a standard email.

Leave it with us - we're working on it...

emotion-12.gif
(with them, not you)

A

Anonymous

I've just received this email as well.

Dear Mr

one of the following alternatives: QED Performance HDMI 1m Cable.

your reply.

Obviously, I have declined their offer as it is totally unacceptable that a) they're offering a much inferior product/subscription extension, b) they don't know for a fact that it has got lost in transit, c) they didn't use registered post or a courier company for a £115 product, and d) as the supplier of the cable, it is their responsibility to ensure the product is delivered to the customer.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I can only apologise again - we specifically asked the subscriptions team NOT to offer the alternative cable to those who'd definitively secured a Chord Active originally.
emotion-43.gif

I've got someone working on this right now; we've secured extra cables from Chord and will be contacting you shortly. If I have to go down the Post Office myself and send them out Special Delivery, so be it
emotion-39.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:I can only apologise again - we specifically asked the subscriptions team NOT to offer the alternative cable to those who'd definitively secured a Chord Active originally.
emotion-43.gif

I've got someone working on this right now; we've secured extra cables from Chord and will be contacting you shortly. If I have to go down the Post Office myself and send them out Special Delivery, so be it
emotion-39.gif

Should I be happy that I haven't received an email at all then?
emotion-4.gif

To be fair it hasn't been three days since I sent my first (and only to date) email to subscriptions, so again, I'm happy to wait.

Clare, you do realise that nothing less than going to ACAS yourself to resolve the Postal Workers dispute will be acceptable don't you?
emotion-5.gif

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:
Well - I recieved the following email this morning:

Dear Mr [*],

one of the following alternatives QED Performance HDMI 1m Cable.

your reply.

Kind Regards

http://www.whathifi.com/

This isn't really satisfactory - I subscribed on the strength of confirmation that there were 174 cables in stock, so felt confident that I was getting a 1.5m HDMI cable with a rrp of £115. The alternative is "an extension of 3 issues or [sic.] one of the following alternatives QED Performance HDMI 1m Cable". Three issues is about a tenner and the QED is £25.

Given I already have QED Performance, and only subscribed on the basis I could upgrade it's a real let-down and a pretty poor choice, even by Hobson's standard. I guess with Hallowe'en there's a certain degree of ennui towards even "Scary Clare"...
emotion-6.gif

I was about to type pretty much the same response having had the same email this morning. I think I subscribed the same morning as Big Aura - 2nd Sept if I remember correctly after being assured there was enough stock of cables. So I'm adding my name to the list of dissatified customers that have refused the alternatives. I do commend Clare and Andrew for personally getting involved to sort it out though. If there is new stock of the Actives, I'd love to get in the queue for one of them.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Fuzzy - what can I say but sorry? Please email us your name, address and subs number if you have it, and Clare or I will load it into another subs dept-seeking missile...

Many thanks Andrew. No apology necessary from you. I know the subs dept is probably a very separate entity.

A

Anonymous

Clare/Andrew, Thanks for doing everything in your power to sort this out for everyone who hasn't received their cable.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone who signed up to a mag subsription recieved their free Chord HDMI cable. I recieved my first issue earlier this month (Awards2009) but haven't had the cable yet (and after nearly putting my head through my plasma screen while swapping between Blu ray and SkyHD I'm rather lookng forward to it).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts