FREE Chord HDMI Active (1.5m)

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

andrew and clare. i need to contact you too regarding the chord cable. how do i email you?

A

Anonymous

thanks andrew.
i have emailed you guys about the ongoing problems i,ve had too.

i too have received the same email and been offered a qed alternative.

hope you guys can help.

ifty raja.

iftyraja@hotmail.com

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:whathifi@haymarket.com

i have emailed that address. andrew could you confirm to me if i am on the " should have got the chord cable list" and that finally something will be done.

my details are

iftikhar raja

WHIF016476thanks.

i placed the order in late august!!!!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I have passed on your details to our Brand Manager.

thankyou very much.

with you guys involved maybe we may get somewhere.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Oh Joy! A response!

Thank you for your recent email regarding What Hi-Fi.

Unfortunately it
appears that your Chord Active HDMI cable may have been
lost in transit, and
would need to be replaced, unfortunately we are
currently out of stock of the
Chord Active HDMI cable and are awaiting
further supplies.

Please
keep us up-to-date as to whether you recieve your cable in the
mean
time.

Please accept our apologies for the delay and if we can be of
any
further assistance to you then please do not hesitate to contact
us
again.

Kind Regards...

Better than nothing and not the standard response that everyone seems to have been getting!

A

Anonymous

Dear Andrew/Claire,

Further to my post of 20/10/09, I am still also waiting for "a" cable. I subscribed on August 31st when you were supposed to have had the Chord Active in stock. As you can read in my last post I reluctantly accepted an alternative Chord power lead as I was advised at the time there was no other alternative. I now see that you are getting more in and sending them to those that should have had them. I would therefore like to be added to the list.

As I still hadn't received anything by last Wednesday I called your subscriptions dept. again and was told that it had been picked for despatch the day before and would be despatched that day so should receive it soon but expect delays due to the postal strike. I then queried if it was to be sent by courier I was told that some were an some not. The guy then checked and I was told it was going by courier and that I should expect it on Saturday. It is now Tuesday and nothing has been received yet.

I would appreciate it if you could look in to this. If a 'replacement' has been sent and I receive it soon I would like to return it at your cost to be replaced by the Chord Active that I subscribed for.

I will e-mail you with my details.

Thank you.

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
So am I, but it wasn't the main reason for taking out the subscription. I can just as easily pick the magazine up at the supermarket. Granted I get a discount on the price by taking the subscription, but before this I chose whether to buy the magazine or not depending whether there was something of particular interest; so the cost probably evened itself out.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Just recieved the following from the subs dept

"Thank you for your email regarding What HiFi? Sound and Vision

I have checked your subscription, and although the gift was initially
despatched, it has not arrived. We are currently due to receive further
stock of the Chord HDMI cable, and as soon as this is available we shall
replace the product."

Thank you once again Clare and Andrew for your efforts on our behalf

A

Anonymous

Two weeks time apparently - email received today which read

I can confirm we will be receiving further stock of the cable within the next 2 weeks you will then be sent one immediately, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

A

Anonymous

As another regular purchaser of WHF who took up a subscription in order to receive the Chord Active HDMI cable, I would be grateful if I could be added to the (growing!) list of subscribers who will receive one of the new batch you are expecting.

I too reluctantly accepted an alternative gift as the subscription department informed me that the one they originally sent was lost in transit, and they couldn't track it as it was sent through Royal Mail. As an early adopter of the subscription offer (not to mention a loyal WHF reader for years) I would be very grateful if I could be sent the Chord cable I was originally offered.

Many thanks in advance for working your magic...

A

Anonymous

As above really. I also subscribed back in August I think it was, and was told that I was on the list for a cable once they got more stock. Got an email today to say that it must have got lost in transit and have been offered alternatives (CHORD SUPERSCREEN MAINS CABLE or QED PERFORMANCE HDMI 1M CABLE).

I only really subscribed as the offer of the Chord Active was too good to turn down - are these now definitely out of stock? Not really sure whether I should just make do with one of the alternatives....

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

i wonder how many other people have been told they were lost in transit when asking what had happened to the chord hdmi lead they were should of been getting, i got this what seems to be standard email reply too.
is it just me that gets the feeling they were never sent out, it seems they did'nt think so many people would be taking this offer up & now either hope people forget or try to offer them a cheaper item
if royal mail have lost so many items why are they just letting it go so easy?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Don't suppose anyone's spotted a number of Chord Actives being sold on E-bay? just a thought...

I've not heard anything further incidentally, someone mentioned receiving an email saying it should be another 2 weeks, I don't think I've heard anything like that.

I did get my second issue yesterday though, which was nice...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you've had confirmation you're getting a replacement Chord Active, you'll get one - just give the subs team time to clear the backlog.

This just in from them:

"Firstly, we'd like to apologise to anyone who has experienced a delay in receiving their free gift as part of their subscriber package. The recent Royal Mail strike has affected parcel post, therefore please be aware that even though your gift is likely to have been dispatched, it may not yet have arrived. Strikes have been taking place for several weeks now, so there is a backlog of post nationally that is waiting to be sorted.

In addition to this, we have recently undergone a warehouse move which has unfortunately impacted on the fulfilment of early orders. We'd like to reassure you that we have been doing everything we can in light of these issues to ensure that these problems don't occur again with future promotions, and that it was never our intention for these gifts to be delayed.

We do state in our terms and conditions that all free gifts are subject to availability and that should we run out of gifts we may offer an alternative. In this instance we have actually sent out more cables than we have had orders for so please be assured that this is not a case of us under-ordering for the promotion. We are unable to order any further stock for this promotion so if your query has not been addressed to date please contact our customer service team to arrange a replacement gift.

Telephone: 08456 777 813
Or email:whathifi@servicehelpline.co.uk

And to clarify further, last time we ran a Chord cable subs promotion, we got @300 orders. The team ordered in 375 cables for this most recent promotion, which was then topped up (at our request) by a further 60 to 435 cables. Once those 435 cables were accounted for, the replacement gift was offered, as per Terms and Conditions.

Hope this explains the situation further, and I can only apologise again on behalf of WHF for any delays and confusion.

A

Anonymous

recieved this email again on the 4th november and yet again no word regarding my cable .is there anyone who confrim i will recieving my cable in the near future? i understand the postal issue but have been buying stuff from ebay lately and it is arriving very quickly so whats the problem.i have now recieved my 3rd issue and still this is not sorted.ps magazine is great , service is terrible.

regards,michael dyer

Dear Mr Dyer,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the whathifi.

I am able to confirm that we have received your enquiry, and are
currently investigating it. Once we have received the required
information we will contact you shortly.

If you require any further assistance in the meantime please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Grace Goodger

Email Response Team
What Hi-Fi magazine
T: +44 (0) 845 677 7813
F: +44 (0) 1795 414 555
www.whathifi.com

A

Anonymous

its been over 2 weeks and still no cable!!!!!

had my 3rd magazine .

very poor state of affairs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts