FREE Chord HDMI Active (1.5m)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

same problem here as all the other people so would appreciate a little help.

missing cable in the post and offered inferior product instead.sent an email refusing this offer and have not had a reply back regarding the matter.

can anyone help with regard to this matter.

regards, michael dyer

A

Anonymous

I haven't but I believe some people have. Not helped by the postal strike and probably a large demand.

I got a mail a few days ago saying it would be 2 weeks.

I subscribed on 2-Sep btw.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
barnsleydave

please email us with your address and if poss subscriber number, and we'll get out subs people to look into it - let's do our best to solve this problem

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Big Aura

I have no idea why you have been sent that. Subscriptions know you are one of the readers we are trying to sort out with the Chord Active cable you should have got all along, and yet they seem to have sent you a standard email.

Leave it with us - we're working on it...

emotion-12.gif
(with them, not you)

Hi,

How do you know if you're an the list?

I have emailed twice now & received no response - I would like to know if they have received my queries and are dealing with it. I know there's a postage strike & do take that into consideration but when I don't get replies from emails that's a little frustrating - especially as there was no delay in taking my DD from my bank account.

Thanks in advance

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi; as Andrew details, we're on it., and thanks for your patience.

But just to clarify - you've had the first issue(s) of your subscription? Because of course that's what the DD is for, not the gift (which is free on top of the discounted sub). Just want to make sure you're getting your issues - would be good to know that bit's gone well so far
emotion-7.gif

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

michael, tvmog

please email us with your address and if poss subscriber number, and we'll get out subs people to look into it

Many thanks Andrew. I'm sure this is something you and Claire could well do without. Details e mailed as requested. As mentioned in my e mail I subscribed online within minutes of Claire's posting that there were 174 cables remaining and had a confirmation e mail 1 hour after her post. This would be at about the same time as at least three other unhappy customers on this thread which leads me to suspect that the distribution of the available cables has probably been random and nothing to do with the order in which people subscribed.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:

Hi; as Andrew details, we're on it., and thanks for your patience.

But just to clarify - you've had the first issue(s) of your subscription? Because of course that's what the DD is for, not the gift (which is free on top of the discounted sub). Just want to make sure you're getting your issues - would be good to know that bit's gone well so far
emotion-7.gif

Hi Claire,

Yes I have received my 1st issue - that's all good.

Should I expect to get an email reply at any point after I have submitted my query?

I have plenty of headache tablets should you need to stock up
emotion-1.gif

Thanks

A

Anonymous

just been sent this email from the haymarket@servicehelpline stating the following:

"Dear Mr Dyer,

Thank you for your recent email regarding What Hi-Fi?

Unfortunately, we do not have any of the original cable in stock to be
able to send to you.

If you are not entirely satisfied with the alternative gift offered to
you, you are entitled to a partial refund for the remainder of your
subscription.

Please advise which you would prefer to receive.

Once again, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this
may have caused.

We look forward to hearing fromyou at your earliest convenience.

Kind Regards..."

I too have recieved 2 issues since my subscription and have to say that knowing that you are very well aware of this problem this response is starting to really annoy me.What i want to know is am i getting my free cable or not and WHEN!!!!.

Appreciate there have been issues with the post but this response is unacceptable now that everyone is well aware there is a problem.

Can someone please assist me with this matter as it is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth withh regard to your magazine.

michael dyer

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As Clare so eloquently put it yesterday, 'Oh FFS'.

Michael, all I can do is apologise - we (ie Clare and I) don't physically post out the magazines or the gifts, but rely on another department within the organisation to do so.

They have been asked repeatedly not to send out this standard email to those we know are waiting for the cable, and Clare has been working hard with Angelina, our brand manager, to ensure we have enough cables to fulfill the outstanding orders.

Neither Clare nor I are in the office tomorrow, but I have asked Angelina to look into this and get our subscriptions people to sort it as a priority.

Yes, I know how bad this is making us look; and yes, I share your anger.

mickeycomms

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

a bit of progress to report. . . . .reply from subs dept......

Thank you for your recent email regarding your What Hi-Fi subscription.

I can confirm that we are now expecting a delivery of this cable. I have
added you to a waiting list to receive one of these cables when thay
come in to stock.

You will hear from us shortly, when we have despatched your gift.

Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I thought I would be on the original list having subscribed when there were about 170 in stock...HOWEVER - given the news tonight which said 35,000,000 items stuck in the postal system, and the efforts to try and resolve the situation by the WHF staff - not least the editorial 'visible' face of the magazine who have borne the brunt of everybody's frustration.....I have come over all patient and will give it a while longer...as they say on Crimewatch - sleep well, things like this dont happen very often.

Goodnight!

A

Anonymous

Quick question...Is the offer for new subscribers only or do existing subscribers who renew get this offer too?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As far as I know, apart from the cables we have or are getting to satisfy those people who took up the offer, but whose gifts got lost in transit, we are now out of those cables and thus the offer is no longer available.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have emailed twice now and posted here also without any joy so far.

How do I know if I'm on "the list"?

Should I expect some sort of contact with Customer Services?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts