FREE Chord HDMI Active (1.5m)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Subscribed on the 21st of August but they can't tell me if I'll get it or not? Trouble is I subscribed for that offer for the cable!!

Anyone else not received the FREE 1.5m Chord Active HDMI cable?

Rich

A

Anonymous

I've not seen anything either. Subscribed on 20th August but I understand it can take up to 35 days for any free gift to arrive. I spoke to the subscriptions team last Friday and hopefully something may be on it's way this week.

A

Anonymous

I recieved my parcel last thursday, recieved a chord supersheild mains cable instead. I promptly sent this email in the hope that there was a correctable error, but i have yet to recieve a reply from Haymarket serviceline.

Dear Sir/Madam

I subscribed to What Hi-Fi and recieved the confirmation on the 15th
August, as this email shows. I subscribed as soon as i received the
September issue to ensure I recieved the gift before it ran out. Today
I have recieved this gift and although the code above Name/address
ladel shows 1.5ACTIVE my package contained a 1m Chord Superscreen Mains
cable. I am not sure what happened. I am a user of the What Hi-Fi
forums and on the 2nd September Clare Newsome is Editor-in-Chief of
What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision said you still had 174 of the cables left
in stock. See link for what she stated -
http://community.whathifi.com/forums/post/299642.aspx . Do you know
what went wrong please? Is there a way which this can be resurected?

Thankyou

Mr Young

(this email was sent with an attached copy of my subscription confirmation email.)

Not pleased........
emotion-12.gif

GJ

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I subscribed on the 24th August and have not received anything as yet.

I thought a minimum of 28 days to get the cable with an addition 7-10 days delay due to the postal strike

Hope it comes soon i have a shiny new 1910 and I want to see what difference the cable will make!

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:It's 35 days, according to subs. I'm chasing this, but it seems postal strikes have played a big part. Will pursue with vigour!

Hi Clare,

Have you any idea why I recieved the wrong cable?

Thanks

James

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:No, but i'll investigate....

Still no reply from haymarket, this isn't what you'd expect from customer services in this economic climate where keeping customers is vital.... Have you had any luck Clare? If you can get anywhere with this I'd be over the moon. Thank you

Also my WHAT HIFI - SOUND AND VISION Account number is WHIF016117

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I can only apologise on behalf of our external subscriptions agency, who really should have got back to you by now.

I escalated this thread within Haymarket, but our subscriptions manager is out until tomorrow.

Incredibly frustrating all round, i'm afraid- and certainly the last thing we want as a mag!

I'll see if there's anyone else who can help in our circ team.

A

Anonymous

Hi All, I also subscribed via the phone and they confirmed that they had stock and i would get the cable in 35 days, all I have received so far is the confirmation letter, for now I'd be happy if the Mag turned up. Guessing it's the good old postal system at its best.
emotion-6.gif

Hoping I get the Mag and the Chord Active cable soon.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Email received and forwarded to Angelina, kb.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
I can only apologise on behalf of our external subscriptions agency, who really should have got back to you by now.

I escalated this thread within Haymarket, but our subscriptions manager is out until tomorrow.

Incredibly frustrating all round, i'm afraid- and certainly the last thing we want as a mag!

I'll see if there's anyone else who can help in our circ team.

Still no reply by phone or email but thank you again for getting in touch with them. Seems to be a troubled subscription office!

A

Anonymous

i subscribed to what hifi to as i noticed this offer, after i had stopped buying what hifi for around a year. i had been buying what hifi for well over 10 years until the end of last year, when i just started to notice it was getting less interesting to me sometimes. i found i was finding less in it to read. i got the feeling that the writing team was getting smaller & they had to cover more & more & push more issues out each year. i would spend hours reading each issue years ago but found i was done with it in a lot less time over the last couple of years, so i just gave up buying it.

so when i noticed this offer i thought give it another go at least i would get a nice lead out of it, so going to wait & see what turns up & to find out if what hifi was more fun to read again

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've been pestering our subs team for news - this just in:

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently in the
process of moving our promotional stock to a new warehouse which may
have delayed the delivery of your free gift. Unfortunately we are
unable to respond to individual subscription queries on the forum but
please contact our customer service team on 08456 777 813 or email
whathifi@servicehelpline.co.uk for an update."

Incredibly frustrating, I know (we work damn hard getting the mag out, and sourcing great gifts, and want you to enjoy them)
emotion-7.gif

I'll keep chasing for updates....

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the update Clare. I've re-subscribed too, but it's only to get a new HDMI for my [INSERT NAME OF BPD NOT TO BE NAMED] (once released......). I wonder which will arrive first!?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts