Question Atc scm20 pro with Rotel 1582 mk2?

shuri9181

Jun 13, 2024
Visit site
Hello guys
I'm Korean and music producer

First of all, I'm not good at English, so please understand that I use a translator 🤣

I have an atc scm20 psl pro and I'm trying to match it to a rotel 1582 mk2. I'm going to connect to the audio interface and power amp, and I'm not going to use the preamp

What do you think of the combination of a rotel amp and atc?

As a result of looking into the community in Korea, I heard a lot of opinions from Bryston, Musical Fidelity, Sugden, Adcom.. But I couldn't see any information about Atc with rotel

These amp are not easy to get right now. And now I have works to do, so I have to hurry

abacus

It depends on the size of room you are using them in and how far away you are sitting, however, I would not go for less than 100w into 8ohms, making sure that the amp can also drive 4ohm speakers. (The ohm rating in speakers is nominal as it will vary with frequency)
You would be better going for the active version of the speakers, as you could then connect your audio interface directly to them via a balanced connection.

Bill

Reactions: DougK1 and nopiano

shuri9181

Jun 13, 2024
Visit site
It depends on the size of room you are using them in and how far away you are sitting, however, I would not go for less than 100w into 8ohms, making sure that the amp can also drive 4ohm speakers. (The ohm rating in speakers is nominal as it will vary with frequency)
You would be better going for the active version of the speakers, as you could then connect your audio interface directly to them via a balanced connection.

Bill
Thank you for your advice. I already have a passive speaker, so I have to use an amplifier. A room is a room larger than 3x3 with good room acoustic.

Ok, so the Rotel mentioned is a stereo power amplifier yes?
Not sure what you mean by not using the preamplifier in that case as it does not have a preamplifier stage.
The Rotel should have plenty of power to work well with the ATC speakers.

shuri9181

Jun 13, 2024
Visit site
Ok, so the Rotel mentioned is a stereo power amplifier yes?
Not sure what you mean by not using the preamplifier in that case as it does not have a preamplifier stage.
The Rotel should have plenty of power to work well with the ATC speakers.
Hardware has been minimized for monitoring purposes. It's one of the ways that studios that use PMc speakers or other passive speakers do it a lot. Power is 200 watts at 8 ohms, damping factor is 800 and stereo amplifier.

Reactions: Romulus

Tinman1952

Hardware has been minimized for monitoring purposes. It's one of the ways that studios that use PMc speakers or other passive speakers do it a lot. Power is 200 watts at 8 ohms, damping factor is 800 and stereo amplifier.
If your 'audio interface' is a physical one (with volume pots or sliders) then fine....if it's a software interface then you seriously risk blowing up your speakers! 😖

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts