Does Pioneer VSX1131 work with HDMI 2.1???

Lion Heart

May 1, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone know if this unit can handle HDMI 2.1? I just upgraded my TV to a Samsung S95D 77" and my Pioneer VSX1131 (with latest firmware) has issues displaying my HTPC (Home Theatre PC) correctly - giving it a maximum available resolution of only 1080p...

You have to switch off the 'Input Signal Plus' on the TV (settings, all settings, connections, external device manager, input signal plus) and then all resolutions become available again. I beleive this changes the HDMI mode from 2.1 to 1.4.

In the S95D manual it says: "If the Input Signal Plus feature is turned off, HDR signals sent from an external device cannot be received."

My HDMI cable is 2.1 8K and certified. My PC resolution is 4k 60hz. It worked fine with 4k HDR on my 7 year old Samsung before the 'upgrade!'

So, are people here running 2.1 HDMI on/through the VSX1131, or is it just not possible???

Hoping that I don't have to buy a new AV Receiver just to resolve this as I love my VSX1131!!!

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone know if this unit can handle HDMI 2.1? I just upgraded my TV to a Samsung S95D 77" and my Pioneer VSX1131 (with latest firmware) has issues displaying my HTPC (Home Theatre PC) correctly - giving it a maximum available resolution of only 1080p...

You have to switch off the 'Input Signal Plus' on the TV (settings, all settings, connections, external device manager, input signal plus) and then all resolutions become available again. I beleive this changes the HDMI mode from 2.1 to 1.4.

In the S95D manual it says: "If the Input Signal Plus feature is turned off, HDR signals sent from an external device cannot be received."

My HDMI cable is 2.1 8K and certified. My PC resolution is 4k 60hz. It worked fine with 4k HDR on my 7 year old Samsung before the 'upgrade!'

So, are people here running 2.1 HDMI on/through the VSX1131, or is it just not possible???

Hoping that I don't have to buy a new AV Receiver just to resolve this as I love my VSX1131!!!
States here that it is 2.1:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts