FREE Chord HDMI Active (1.5m)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
hmmmm ... I haven't even got that email, and no reply to my chaser email on Monday.

In other news...

What exactly is a Deputy Supervisor? Is that the person who works under (and is presumably supervised by) the supervisor and also supervises others? Or does she/he deal with supervising deputies only?

These are the important questions of our age.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sigh... You're definitely on the list to get a cable, and your email was forwarded from Andrew to subscriptions as well. Not sure why you're missing the delights of an email from a Dep Super.... You will get your cable, I promise - I am being an utter nagging hellhound on the matter
emotion-39.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Curiouser and curiouser, a couple of hours later and:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding the HDMI Active 1.5m Cable.

I am pleased to confirm that we have now received a stock delivery of the cables
and that one will be dispatched to you on Monday 7th December 2009.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused, and
would also like to thank you for your patience whilst waiting to receive your
subscription gift.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards.

Tony Cordara

Deputy Supervisor

Haymarket Subscriptions

Dovetail Subscriptions Servies Ltd.

How exciting!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Here's hoping I haven't finished watching all my new Blu-Rays by then!
Lets hope you have finished watching em all as then you can re-watch them again with your new HDMI cable & see if you notice any differences in quality !

A

Anonymous

I still haven't received my cable. As it's 15 working days since my cable left the warehouse, I've email Dan Handy again asking him to escalate this to Royal Mail.

I wonder if I'll receive it before Christmas....

A

Anonymous

i got 2 confusing emails 1 sent friday said that they had got some more cables in & i would being getting 1 sent to me on monday 7th dec, next day i got an email telling me that they were getting an order of cables in over the next couple of weeks & 1 would be put by for me so a bit confused what to think. this is all a bonus to me now as i had given up asking what had happned to it. so thanks to everyone who sorted it out if it does turn up.

arablondon

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
you must be lucky darren last time i phoned was about five days ago this unpleasent woman talked to ne and said they run out of them and i may get an atlernative gift so no gift and i did not get the mag either

A

Anonymous

Is there any chance WHF will run the offer again ,or make it a standard optional subscription gift choice?

I would certainly take up the offer

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
lesmor:Is there any chance WHF will run the offer again ,or make it a standard optional subscription gift choice?

Read the last 16 pages - what do you think???
emotion-4.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
m.j:i subscribed at the end of august and still no hdmi cable ?

Drop us an email with your name, address and if poss subscriber number, and we'll forward it to our subs people to investigate

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

lesmor:Is there any chance WHF will run the offer again ,or make it a standard optional subscription gift choice?

Read the last 16 pages - what do you think???
emotion-4.gif

Seemed like a polite and reasonable question

Obviously not

Season of goodwill lost at WHF

emotion-12.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew was only joking - hence the emoticon at the end!

We're always looking at a range of subscription offers, but - as Andrew was intimating - until we can be sure our new subscriptions arrangements are working smoothly, we're unlikely to re-run the campaign just yet.

A

Anonymous

i got 1 today, really did'nt think i'd end up with anything so big thanks to all the team. now to compare it to my qed p hdmi. what kind of gain did you find whf team. plus jan mag come today so gives me something to read at work tonight.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
darren123:i got 1 today, really did'nt think i'd end up with anything so big thanks to all the team. now to compare it to my qed p hdmi. what kind of gain did you find whf team. plus jan mag come today so gives me something to read at work tonight.

Andrew's blog here covers off the Chord Active HDMI very well, though - as ever - your eyes and ears are the most important to please!

Glad you've got your cable, and your issue - hope you enjoy both
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

wired the chord cable up from my sky hd to sony 40w2000 tv replacing qed hdmi-p cable. asked the girlfriend does the tv picture look any differant from yesterday, her answer " year it does'nt look as sharpe". i think the picture is getting better as my system as warmed up, so she will be dragged back in the doom for another look in a minute. think i'll be looking into mains cables next

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
JOY!!!! It arrived last night, so I replaced the cheap Pure cable I was using with the blu-ray player... and then didn't watch anything!
emotion-4.gif

I did stick the Pure cable on the SkyHD box, to replace the free one, colours seemed a little more vivid on QI perhaps but to be honest I wasn't paying much attention, was busy replacing my cue tip and finishing off the QI Book of the Dead (very interesting, if you like potted biographies).

Anyway, many thanks for getting this resolved, persistance paid off finally!

PS. anyone else slightly disappointed with the size of the bulge, I thought it'd be bigger...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc: PS. anyone else slightly disappointed with the size of the bulge, I thought it'd be bigger... worrying comment!

Still waiting meself, maybe tomorrow, or perhaps it'll be there this evening.
emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts