FREE Chord HDMI Active (1.5m)

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Yes, I'm still waiting. I received the same email from Dan Handy last Thursday saying:-

Further to your recent enquiry I am pleased to confirm that we have now received
further stock of the Chord HDMI Active 1.5m cable and will be sending this to
you via recorded delivery. The cable will be despatched by Friday so will
arrive either on Saturday or the beginning of next week.

It's now Wednesday and still no sign of a recorded delivery from anyone, let alone one containing a nice HDMI cable.

A

Anonymous

see this is what bugged me after waiting a couple of months for it to be sent & nothing, so contacted them a couple of weeks ago why i had not been sent anything i was told must of been lost sorry & not getting no more in please pick something else. surprise a couple of weeks later got more to send out. i am still waiting for them to get back to my email

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I am so sorry you two are still waiting - we were promised this had been sorted (and it now seems in most cases it has been, at last
emotion-39.gif
). Can you please email us at the top. whathifi email address here (NOT the subscription email address at the bottom) with your names, addresses and any subscription info you have.

Apologies again.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
RickShaw: Yes, I'm still waiting. I received the same email from Dan Handy last Thursday saying:-
Further to your recent enquiry I am pleased to confirm that we have now received
further stock of the Chord HDMI Active 1.5m cable and will be sending this to
you via recorded delivery. The cable will be despatched by Friday so will
arrive either on Saturday or the beginning of next week.

It's now Wednesday and still no sign of a recorded delivery from anyone, let alone one containing a nice HDMI cable.

You're ahead of me Rick, I don't think I've even had an email (I'm sure I'd remember a delightful name like Dan Handy!
emotion-2.gif
).

A

Anonymous

I've just received the following reply from Dan Handy;

The Chord
HDMI Cable was despatched to you from our warehouse on the Wednesday 18th
November. We have checked with the Royal Mail and they have advised that this
item is not showing on their tracking system yet. They have said that recorded mail goes through
with first class mail at the sorting office nearest to the customer and as the
item does not appear on their tracking system at the moment it would not have
been sorted.

An item is not classed as lost by the Royal Mail until
15 working days after being sent which would be the 8th December, so
if the HDMI Cable has not been received by this date please let me know.

I'll keep you all posted.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
hello all. Back from holidays over the weekend, and there was nothing at home (including no "attempted delivery" slips). I had asked them to send it to my office, as my secretary could have signed for it in my absence, but nothing here either...

Am I the only one still waiting?!

Cheers

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:Am I the only one still waiting?!

No, no further updates since, errr, whenever it was I last posted to this thread.

It is starting to get slightly important as I'm intending to buy a BDP this week, I wasn't worried before because I had nothing to put the cable in but that's about to change...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
We were in Japan last week, and I took her indoors to the Sony Building in Ginza, Tokyo to 'check-out the kit' (but really to give her a proper look at Blu-Ray, and hopefully the 760 in action). While they didn't have any 760s (all they have are the new range of Sony Recordable BD machines - WHF, any word of them for here?!), the format was deemed "a waste of money, but not too much of a waste of money, so you can have one".

Shortly afterwards I found myself being led to this place for a demonstation of what they sell. Scary. Fortunately, we (I) decided a BD player represents much better value than a feline.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oh FFS...totally unacceptable and I can only - AGAIN - apologise. Someone's going to get an active cable stuck somewhere v.painful.
emotion-39.gif

Contact Us link here; please send to both email addresses: ours up top and the subscriptions one. And please let us know when you get a reply.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Oh FFS...totally unacceptable and I can only - AGAIN - apologise. Someone's going to get an active cable stuck somewhere v.painful.
emotion-39.gif

Contact Us link here; please send to both email addresses: ours up top and the subscriptions one. And please let us know when you get a reply.

Again? I did send an email to both last week, but resent again, just had the auto acknowledgement.

Why does acknowledgement look wrong there?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I sent a chaser email to the subs gift people on Monday, and heard nothing either. Have sent it on to Andrew (whathifi@haymarket) this arvo. I'm not getting my 760 until next weekend (whoop whoop!!).

lhc - where did you get your from? Any deals to beat PRC's £299?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:they didn't have any 760s (all they have are the new range of Sony Recordable BD machines - WHF, any word of them for here?!)

Most BD players in Japan are actually recorders, not players, due to the fact the local HD TV service allows recording using devices like this. SomeTVs also have BD recording built-in. No news of Sony launching any machines here.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:I sent a chaser email to the subs gift people on Monday, and heard nothing either. Have sent it on to Andrew (whathifi@haymarket) this arvo. I'm not getting my 760 until next weekend (whoop whoop!!).

lhc - where did you get your from? Any deals to beat PRC's £299?

Richer Sounds, £339, I didn't bother looking around any further and I don't buy big stuff like this off the net, that's for Multi-Region DVD playback as well incidentally.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Subs people are on the case, and will contact you directly.

Andrew, many thanks. Have been out of the office all day today, so presume it'll be tomorrow or next week. thanks again.

the_lhc:Big Aura:lhc - where did you get your from? Any deals to beat PRC's £299?Richer Sounds, £339, I didn't bother looking around any further and I don't buy big stuff like this off the net, that's for Multi-Region DVD playback as well incidentally.

ta -not sure if they're multi region at PRC. Not buying from the web, they're only 15 minutes by train from Liverpool Street Station, so it's quite easy to reach their shop. Although the magazine advert has a "prices only valid until [30?] November" disclaimer. Will call them before I pop out to them.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Aura:the_lhc:Big Aura:lhc - where did you get your from? Any deals to beat PRC's £299?Richer Sounds, £339, I didn't bother looking around any further and I don't buy big stuff like this off the net, that's for Multi-Region DVD playback as well incidentally.

ta -not sure if they're multi region at PRC. Not buying from the web, they're only 15 minutes by train from Liverpool Street Station, so it's quite easy to reach their shop. Although the magazine advert has a "prices only valid until [30?] November" disclaimer. Will call them before I pop out to them.

Any joy? I got my first Blu-Rays yesterday, watched Star Trek, it's totally awesome!
emotion-4.gif

Picture is flawless, the sound was extremely good, I didn't have it up too loud because the other half doesn't like it but you could still hear the quality and that's only a TrueHD soundtrack, looking forward to 2001 with the PCM5.1 soundtrack. I didn't have any issues with not being able to hear the quiet bits like some people have mentioned but then the film doesn't really have too many quiet bits...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:I didn't have it up too loud because the other half doesn't like it

Heh. I have one of those too! Won't do any proper research until next week, bit too much on to give it real consideration.
emotion-6.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
This sounds awfully familiar, received today:

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your subscription gift of a 1.5m Active HDMI
Cable.

Currently we are out of stock of the cables, however we are expecting to
receive a delivery of stock shortly.

We have now added your details to a waiting list and as soon as the stock is received we will be
able to dispatch a cable to you.

We would like to apologise for the continued delay and for any inconvenience that this may have
caused.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards.

Tony Cordara

Deputy Supervisor

Haymarket Subscriptions

Dovetail Subscriptions Servies Ltd.

Grrrr, and indeed, grrrr. Again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts