Fatman iTube - £100 off

A

Anonymous

Hi
Did you buy one?
I got one from Microdirect - but there's a bit of a tale attached to mine...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="shonamh"]but there's a bit of a tale attached to mine...[/quote]

Is that to help balance?
emotion-2.gif

God, I'm so sorry...

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
No I didn't. I didn't get any replies on my associated post, so didn't want to get one and find I couldn't plug it all together. Seems that the Mar issue of the mag has thrown up some concerns over reliability as well.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="PJPro"]No I didn't. I didn't get any replies on my associated post, so didn't want to get one and find I couldn't plug it all together. Seems that the Mar issue of the mag has thrown up some concerns over reliability as well.[/quote]

Fatman is drafting a letter addressing our concerns - we will of course share that with you as soon as we see it.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="PJPro"]No I didn't. I didn't get any replies on my associated post, so didn't want to get one and find I couldn't plug it all together. Seems that the Mar issue of the mag has thrown up some concerns over reliability as well.[/quote]

Fatman is drafting a letter addressing our concerns - we will of course share that with you as soon as we see it.

[/quote]

any news on this yet?
thanks

worried...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
To cut a long story short, Fatman has said there are some minor compatibility issues with the very latest iPods (Touch, iPhone) and the iTube as it stands, plus it blames the remote controls on the review models we had for the rest of the problems we encountered.

It insists there are no QC or reliability issues, but we remain a tad warier (for now) than we previously were. We've requested that as/when updates are made, the product is resubmitted for test, so we can reassess the situation.

Still a superb-sounding system, however - certainly if you've got an older-generation iPod and keep hold of your warranty card, it's definitely still worth shortlisting.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I spoke to a guy on the Fatman stand about this. Nice chap. Reckoned they don't like travelling much ie from one reviewer to another. Also that people didn't know how to use them properly ie letting the value go cold when you switch them off before switching them on again. He also said there had been issues with a dodgy batch in the past but problems had been resolved. Didn't mention anything about remotes.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJPro"]I spoke to a guy on the Fatman stand about this. Nice chap. Reckoned they don't like travelling much ie from one reviewer to another. Also that people didn't know how to use them properly ie letting the value go cold when you switch them off before switching them on again. He also said there had been issues with a dodgy batch in the past but problems had been resolved. Didn't mention anything about remotes.[/quote]

Are you suggesting you should keep it on all the time?
I thought vavles had a finite life therefore that would shorten the life of the machine?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
No. Simply if you do turn it off wait for the valves to go cold before turning it on again. His advice not mine. I've never owned valve equipment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts