Do you take this Logic, to be your lawful, wedded......

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
But surely something cannot be both logical and illogical - that's not logical...

Of course it can. It depends where you are coming from. Or rather there can be logical reasons for and against.

But that isn't the point. Even if your logic for doing something is flawed or outweighed by the greater logic of not doing it, it's still a logical decision.

But on the alcohol topic...A small amount of alcohol daily can reduce your chance of heart failure...

A large amount of alcohol can make you feel great.

Both logical reasons for drinking alcohol forgetting...

alcohol is a poison and destroys lives and quickly turns your money into urine.

Personally, I drink alcohol though for reason 2.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
penguins-logic1.jpg

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
"Just think of all the things we did/we were different/just like all the other kids..."

The author of which believes, I think, that there is no such thing as free will. Though some seem to find that idea personally insulting.

And on that threadcrapping...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
"Just think of all the things we did/we were different/just like all the other kids..."

The author of which believes, I think, that there is no such thing as free will. Though some seem to find that idea personally insulting.

I don't find it insulting, just stupid. :)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
fr0g said:
Alec said:

I don't find it insulting, just stupid. :)

Well you've convinced me.

manicm

fr0g said:
The_Lhc said:
ooh.. said:
It's one of the most fundamental thought processes, we use logic all the time in our daily lives,

Nonsense, most people don't use it at all! Almost nothing the average human does is based on logic, you've only got to look front page of the Daily Wail or the Di-aly Express to realise that. The logic that most people employ in their daily lives goes along the lines of: "Some Muslims are suicide bombers, therefore all Muslims are suicide bombers, let's send them home, no I don't care if they were born here, send them back anyway.".

Logic? Logic my arse, most humans couldn't even spell the word.

You're looking at it at the wrong level.

Everybody uses logic, all the time. Yes, the example you used is an example of bad logic...but.

Do you get up in the morning and go to the loo before pulling your pants down?

Do you brush your teeth with a fork?

Do you crack open a can of Special brew just before you get in the car?

Do you eat nothing but bacon because it's the nicest food?

Do you [EDITED BY MODS] at work at your desk because it feels good?

Everything you do requires a great deal of logic. (Logic you don't even have to think about.)

And then on a slightly higher level when you are at the supermarket, do you not go for the bigger packet because the per kg price is cheaper?

Do you not wait until a sale to buy certain goods?

Do you not hunt around the internet for the best price, rather than simply buying something at the first site you see it?

Do you not water the plants before you go on holiday?

Do you not open the windows when it's warm?

(Logic that requires a little thought.)

I think you're confusing comforts and habits with logic. You don't really think about brushing your teeth in the morning do you? You just do it. And anyway which man bothers to water the plants before going on holiday??? That's the wife's or gf's job.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
ooh.. said:
It's one of the most fundamental thought processes, we use logic all the time in our daily lives,

Nonsense, most people don't use it at all! Almost nothing the average human does is based on logic, you've only got to look front page of the Daily Wail or the Di-aly Express to realise that. The logic that most people employ in their daily lives goes along the lines of: "Some Muslims are suicide bombers, therefore all Muslims are suicide bombers, let's send them home, no I don't care if they were born here, send them back anyway.".

Logic? Logic my arse, most humans couldn't even spell the word.
It's called freedom of speech.[You of all people should know that, the lhc] Unfortunately we see it eroded in this country day by day ! :rant: :read:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts