Denon 2800BT & 3800BD Multi-region

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone tried the multi-region disc upgrade available on E-bay for the Denon 2800BT & 3800BD?

It does have the follwoing warning attached:

Please make sure you follow the included instructions carefully. I have used this disc to upgrade players myself and can confirm that it works as required. However, I take NO responsibility and accept no liability for any damage caused by using this multi-region DVD upgrade disc incorrectly. Use this disc at your own risk!

I know some of you are not botthered with multi-region, but some of us are...

Or are there UK dealers who offer multi-region players?

A

Anonymous

pauled51:

Has anyone tried the multi-region disc upgrade available on E-bay for the Denon 2800BT & 3800BD?

It does have the follwoing warning attached:

Please make sure you follow the included instructions carefully. I have used this disc to upgrade players myself and can confirm that it works as required. However, I take NO responsibility and accept no liability for any damage caused by using this multi-region DVD upgrade disc incorrectly. Use this disc at your own risk!

I know some of you are not botthered with multi-region, but some of us are...

Or are there UK dealers who offer multi-region players?

First ,you shouldn't have to buy the disc

Second Multi region only applies to DVD not Blu-ray , although Blu-ray is possible but toooooo much hassle

I bought my Denon 2500 from Sevenoaks and they made it mutiregion for free although I believe it looses this function if you update the firmware

There are other forums with info on MR which might help

I would stay clear of the Ebay offer

Good luck

Andy

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
If it's the one I think you mean, yes I have, and yes it does work - on the 2500BT anyway. As Andy points out, it's only for DVD multiregion (Blu-ray multiregion requires a hardware modification). Denon apparently aren't allowed to supply multiregion players directly: When the 2500BT was still readily available at those discounted/clearance prices, Dealers were generally charging a little extra since they had to open the box and load this firmware upgrade onto the player. Now the remaining stock of the 2500BT has largely been cleared, there seem to be a couple of people selling copies of this Dealers' firmware disc, of which this ebay version appears to be one. It upgrades the firmware to a more recent version (which itself is worth doing), and makes the player multi-region for DVD too. For £10 (which is what my dealer was charging for the upgrade anyway) I thought it made more sense to have my own copy of the disc.

As for the warning about doing this firmware upgrade yourself, I think you'll find Denon themselves give you a similar warning if you go to their web-site to download a regular firmware update for your player, and suggest you should use a Dealer. A firmware upgrade is not difficult to do yourself if you follow the instructions, but if you make a monkey of it - whichever firmware version you choose - it's on your own head.

A

Anonymous

Wireman - thanks again for your valued feedback. Thanks also to lesmore.

I'm looking for the 3800BD now, so will look to a dealer (probably Sevenoaks) to provide the multi-region.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Generally with Denon players to unlock the DVD side of things it is proformed by a simple hack using the units remote control EG this is the one for my Denon.

1. Remove any disc currently in the unit.
2. Power off using the front panel On/Off button (not standby).
3. Press and hold Stop and Pause.
4. Keep the above buttons held and Power-up the player using the On/Off button, hold the above buttons until the players name disappears from the front panel.
5. Wait until the unit finishes LOADING and the front panel of the player shows 0:00:00.
6. On the remote handset, press in sequence; 7 3 1 9 4 6 2 8
7. The unit should enter standby mode. On the front panel of the player, press the Standby button to turn the unit back on.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:

Generally with Denon players to unlock the DVD side of things it is proformed by a simple hack using the units remote control EG this is the one for my Denon.

1. Remove any disc currently in the unit.
2. Power off using the front panel On/Off button (not standby).
3. Press and hold Stop and Pause.
4. Keep the above buttons held and Power-up the player using the On/Off button, hold the above buttons until the players name disappears from the front panel.
5. Wait until the unit finishes LOADING and the front panel of the player shows 0:00:00.
6. On the remote handset, press in sequence; 7 3 1 9 4 6 2 8
7. The unit should enter standby mode. On the front panel of the player, press the Standby button to turn the unit back on.

AFAIK, I think that remote handset hack only works with the Denon 3930, the A1XVA and the new 4010. From other forums, there seem to be a couple of people who've messed up their Denon players trying to be clever with multi-region firmware updates. If you're not sure what you're doing, especially if you're just taking delivery of a new player, it probably is best to ask the dealer to do it for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts