Denon 3800BD software mod.....

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Finally set up my new Denon 3800BD and was expecting to have to go over to the Denon website and download latest firmware update, however much to my surprise the player came with an already burnt disc with the latest update on it. However it is not behaving as per instructions....so haven't tried installing the disc yet. Ok so the instructions say to connect to display, power up the BD player then type in 9876 on remote followed by 'pop-up menu' then the loading tray shuld come out on its own then put in the mod disc and wait dor the %age counter to finish then disconnect from mains for 10sec. So tried this but the tray is not opening on its own after typing in the code on the remote, so don't want to eject on my own and put disc in in case something goes wrong......can any Denon owners help ?

Connections are Denon - HDMI - Yamaha RX-V1900 - HDMI - Sony 52X-2000......

michael hoy

Hi.

I have the Denon 2500BT, this is an extract from the update PDF document.

To put the BD player into version up mode,
press quickly on enclosed RC-1091 following
buttons on the remote control unit in that order:
9, 8,7,6 und [POP UP MENU/ MENU]

If this is the same as your instructions, then quickly does mean quickly, I have had to try a couple of times before the tray would eject.

If you need the full document goto

http://firmware.denon-online.eu/

accept the terms - select your model number - then colour and then type in your serial number.

This will take you to the correct download, from here you can download three items.

1. the PDF document containing instructions.

2. the change log

3. the firmware update (this needs to be burnt to a cd.

Hope this helps.

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Just being lazy.....couldn't be bothered hauling my rack forward to get my head in and read the serial no. on the player.....forgot to take it while hooking up.....

Could you possibly give me a link to the pdf document from your download(the one you gave me only takes me to the website; just 'copy' the opened document and paste the link if you could.....)? Just to see if it is worth installing.....sorry to be a pain

A

Anonymous

Hi, i too have the denon 3800BD, (bought january 2009),

can you tell me what the latest firmware is designed to do ?

TRENDING THREADS