Cyrus CD xt SE - Update to CDs being marked / scratched by player - problem solved.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is a follow up to my previous post of my CDs being marked.

I returned my player to my dealer in Ashford on Tuesday 16th December and had it returned to me Monday morning 22nd December with the problem rectified. I am yet to hear back from CYRUS regarding the dozens of CDs that have been marked by the player but have been promised resolution on this after the New Year.

Apparentley, an internal fixing screw had been dislodged, presumably by the courier bumping my product, whcih had caused some compression on my CDs and hence they became marked when inserted and removed from the transport. I did make a number of calls to CYRUS, my dealer in Ashford and wrote a letter to CYRUS' Managing Director regarding my problem. I did not want to wait until the New Year to get my player back after waiting for such a long time to get the upgrade done.

I am very pleased with the turn around by CYRUS in rectifying the problem. I will keep you updated as to the progress for compensation of my marked / scratched CDs.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
RETSELDRIB:

Apparentley, an internal fixing screw had been dislodged, presumably by the courier bumping my product, whcih had caused some compression on my CDs and hence they became marked when inserted and removed from the transport.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, but it doesn't say much for Cyrus' assembly if a bump or two can dislodge a screw!

Maybe they should invest in some Locktite ...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

they have also glued the screw in place so they tell me!!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Locktite (assuming that's what they've used, or something similar) holds screws in place, but is not glue, so they can be easily unscrewed if necessary. It stops them from working loose (used on bikes, car engines etc).

A

Anonymous

RETSELDRIB:Apparentley, an internal fixing screw had been dislodged, presumably by the courier bumping my product
It sounds very likely that the thread was stripped during insertion of the screw. They're mosty self-tapping screws that are used for assembly, and if the screw was into the magnesium die-cast case, then yes, it would simply fall out of its hole if knocked.

I'm pleased to hear that the problem was rectified in a timely manner and I hope you have a satisfactory conclusion to the restoration of your valuable CD's.

Out of interest, did Cyrus replace the slot-trim that had the lip around the inside edge?

A

Anonymous

Quenzer: Out of interest, did Cyrus replace the slot-trim that had the lip around the inside edge?

no they did not. My dealer had one in stock this time when I picked up player for the second time and this had the same raised edge!!???

Anyway, the marking of my CDs seems to have stopped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts