Creek or Exposure?

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've heard the Exposure 2010s2d and it seems a very nice amp. But i have Epos K3 speakers and play a lot of bad rock recordings. Also a not bright sounding and forgiving amp is the best. I've also heard the Nad c356 but voices sounded a little dull and too much bass. In my area there is no Creek dealer. But is a Creek amp the best? I read about the creek A50 on the lean side. Not good for me. There is the expensive 100A. Much better? Or too boring with rock? I like smooth highes.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, i think so. The creek a50 to lean, the a100 expensive and for that price there are many other maybe better amps. But i can also buy for a good price a second hand musical fidelity m3i. What about this amp?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It's a long time since I have heard an Exposure amp, but I'd expect it to be bolder and a bit more "in yer face".

Older Electrocompaniet, Arcam, Sugden, Pathos, Audio Analogue, UR Primo and Abrahamsen amps, might also give you the sound you're looking for.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Maybe thats the best. But i don't know how are the "creek sound". Ist it warm or bright? Has it body? I read a test of the Arcam a29. They found it a fast and open sounding amp. But also a cold sounding amp. The days that Arcam amps sounded warm are gone.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
loneranger said:
?

Maybe thats the best. But i don't know how are the "creek sound". Ist it warm or bright? Has it body? I read a test of the Arcam a29. They found it a fast and open sounding amp. But also a cold sounding amp. The days that Arcam amps sounded warm are gone.
You can't "do Hifi" by proxy....there are too many variables eg. Room, taste and the rest of the system.

I don't find the current Arcam amps cold.

I believe Creek is detailed and fairly neutral, but doesn't tip into analytical...possibly cleaner and slightly more forward than the Arcam.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
A marantz pm8005?
Very good price and maybe has the warmth your looking for? Have not heard one but going by other peoples comments

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Smooth and warm but with enough bass attack. Pathos must be very good but very, very expensive. There is also Unison, but don't know how it sounds.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
loneranger said:
Smooth and warm but with enough bass attack. Pathos must be very good but very, very expensive. There is also Unison, but don't know how it sounds.

The Unison range are true valve amps in the main Pathos do make hydrids.
UR have a hybrid range, which is called "Primo".

CnoEvil said:
Al ears said:
loneranger said:

So they do, never knew that, but to cover my ass I did say ' in the main', as had an inkling they might. However perhaps OP is getting away for his original post and has to get out and audition whatever he can with less time spent on 'how about?' posts, particularly if really interested in these hybrids.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
CnoEvil said:
Al ears said:
loneranger said:

So they do, never knew that, but to cover my ass I did say ' in the main', as had an inkling they might.
The insertion of that comma was a help. *wink*

iceman16

loneranger said:
I like a old fashioned warm sound. A valve amp is not suitable for my music. The exposure gives a brighter sound than the mf m3i?

I suggest listen to Arcam A29 extensively. Its not warm or cold and definitely not analytical. It just sound "right" IMO

CnoEvil said:
Al ears said:
CnoEvil said:
Al ears said:
loneranger said:

So they do, never knew that, but to cover my ass I did say ' in the main', as had an inkling they might.
The insertion of that comma was a help. *wink*

Don't go getting all grammatical on me now, it's been a hard day. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts