can you wire speakers like this?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

chunky70: fear for your speakers!

Haha ok ill take your word for it and I'll always keep the volume a fair bit below peak on the amp lights, hopefully should be fine. I never truly ran the speakers to max, I'll use some common sense. Am I right in thinking that if its not audibly distorting/running into excursion limits it'll be fine indefinitely? I have quite a good ear for distortion even when drunk. More worried about the tweeter as it doesn't exactly bottom out/make any funny noises when its about to blow (it has overload protection though if thats any use).

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If you can't hear distortion you will be fine. I've never had the clip lights on my behringer's show once in 6 months of owning them,and i've had it at insane levels some nights!

A

Anonymous

chunky70: large toroidal transformer!

kinda makes the arcam look like a joke...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linux-works/2640387307/

thanks for your help, as soon as i get my arcam back from the repair shop it'll be on ebay to be replaced by this beast...ill probably be back on here soon looking for some pro speakers...

A

Anonymous

running123:chunky70:Don't worry about the ability of this amp, it's designed for studio and small club application. Your not running a club are you!

At 3-400 drugged up students at a house party from 2-8am we're pretty much the same thing...I really dont understand this, the valdus 500's are 93db efficient hifi speakers which i was repeatedly told were "easy to drive" but they've chopped up and screwed every amp ive ever put on the end of them.

So glad I dont live near you!
:)

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The Arcam you have is a really good amp,it's just not designed for what you want (ie high spl's). Anyway hope you enjoy your parties when you get the berhinger. Let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

chunky70:The Arcam you have is a really good amp,it's just not designed for what you want (ie high spl's). Anyway hope you enjoy your parties when you get the berhinger. Let us know how you get on.

I'm more than aware its a great amp and love the sound. Will be sad to see it go. Got it repaired for £52 so not too bad in the end :).

Will the a500 sound a lot worse at normal volumes? I know the tangent does :(

A

Anonymous

ear:tangent amp the 50 model? not good at all

for £50 you really cant complain

A

Anonymous

stevee1966:On a similar theme (and i'm sure i'll be told 'NO - IT'LL BLOW YOUR SPEAKERS/AMP'), can 1 pair of speakers be connected to 2 seperate amps.Reason being speakers are currently connected to Stereo amp for audio/cd etc, but would like to utilise these speakers as my front pair in a 5.1 surround setup, therefore need to wire my AV receiver to them as well.If it can't be done with a straightforward cable connection, is there another way to achieve this ?Thanks

http://www.beresford.me/PP/TC2D7220_AUDIO_ROUTER.html TRY THIS MAYBE?

A

Anonymous

stevee1966:On a similar theme (and i'm sure i'll be told 'NO - IT'LL BLOW YOUR SPEAKERS/AMP'), can 1 pair of speakers be connected to 2 seperate amps.Reason being speakers are currently connected to Stereo amp for audio/cd etc, but would like to utilise these speakers as my front pair in a 5.1 surround setup, therefore need to wire my AV receiver to them as well.If it can't be done with a straightforward cable connection, is there another way to achieve this ?Thanks

http://www.beresford.me/PP/TC2D7220_AUDIO_ROUTER.html TRY THIS MAYBE?

TRENDING THREADS