Cables will make a difference

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Lol.....

Awhile back I generated a thread ref 'snake oil' init I talked about this lense cleaner I own with a diagnostic bit on it.

In this section there was a di-magnatising tone. The disc suggest it be ran every 50hrs of playing (which I do every time I clean the lens in my player)

It was laughed at then, doubt it'll be accepted now.

Wonder if WHF Will do a review on these cables?

ellisdj said:
Cable Haters will love this video - its not the hitler one.

I think this is brilliant and explains a lot about their products and justifys their high premium

Dont be dissing the importance of magnetic fields - I mean that with all seriousness because that is the key to audio cable nirvana but there is not many cables that have cracked it - luckily I know of one :)

PS I posted a review of them for you

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
why - because he is jelous of the guys outragous beard?

No! It's because he understood electromagnetism.

Chris

PS I hated it! Much too tough - the maths (curls, grads and divs - vector calculus) is hard going. I passed though.
regular_smile.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you missed the second video - the bearded guy i referred to is in the second video.

He knows nothing about electromagnetism but didnt need to

TrevC

Thompsonuxb said:
Now that's the thing - the 'house sound' is maybe what separates these amps.

Just dropping that in there.

TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
What?

TrevC, I currently have a different amp driving my speakers.

Go on, ask me if I can hear the difference....ask me.

Source is the same, speakers and speaker cable the same. I have had to put in my QED performance 2's interconnects in the chain - but go on, ask me if it sounds the same has my old amp.

I didn't say they wouldn't sound different, only that the 'house sound' thing is nonsense.

It's the speaker with the uneven frequency response that changes the house sound, not an amplifier with a flat response.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That the uneveness in a speaker freq reponse is the cause for a house sound.

Surely the house sound is a direct result of the componets used inside a product and simialrities in design

A manufacturer uses preferred type of board, capacitor resisitor, solder, wire etc in their products + the design resulting in whats called the "house sound"

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
What?

Source is the same, speakers and speaker cable the same. I have had to put in my QED performance 2's interconnects in the chain - but go on, ask me if it sounds the same has my old amp.

?

I didn't say they wouldn't sound different, only that the 'house sound' thing is nonsense.

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

It's the speaker with the uneven frequency response that changes the house sound, not an amplifier with a flat response. 

That makes no sense, the speakers have not changed - they do what they've always done.

All that's changed is the amp.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site

It's aimed at the clueless.

[/quote]

Is that not what the C stands for in TrevC - the "C" is Capital at the end of Trev as well .... *unknw*

TrevC

Thompsonuxb said:
TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:

TrevC said:
Thompsonuxb said:
What?

That makes no sense, the speakers have not changed - they do what they've always done.

All that's changed is the amp.

I think the house sound is mainly an imaginary thing, just like the sound of interconnects.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

[/quote]

I think you missed the second video - the bearded guy i referred to is in the second video.

He knows nothing about electromagnetism but didnt need to

[/quote]

I can only watch so many videos designed by the hard of thinking for the hand of thinking.

Chris

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Why do people always focus on a speaker having a flat frequency response when most of the time it's the phase distortion that's more noticable?

You can get two speakers with similar flat frequency responses yet still sounding totally different due to differing phase distortion.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Aren't v.d. Hul cables the best? I think almost every cacle of them is very good. From cheap (The Name) to their pricey interconnects. And the D102 is a cracker.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
peterpan said:
Aren't v.d. Hul cables the best? I think almost every cacle of them is very good. From cheap (The Name) to their pricey interconnects. And the D102 is a cracker.

Presumably if 2 people pull at either end, it makes a loud pop and you get a gift.

Because soundwise they are identical to all the others.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
In search for better sound out of my system, I switched today the brackets between the speakerterminals for some speakercable.

Some more brightness was the effect.

( stil searching for a scope for some cabletesting, but not in the mood to pay €100 for it....)

TrevC

peterpan said:

Some of them use carbon conductors which make them both expensive and resistive, not to mantion less durable. They might sound different as a result, but the same type of difference could be achieved by a 10p resistor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts