Best looking speakers on the market

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BenLaw said:
I think I'd go for these:

TetiSpeaker.jpg

That's just twisted! :twisted:

Copyright reserved - Chesterfield Cathedral 1234

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
MattSPL said:

Superb Matt! :) And sorry for nicking a couple you'd posted on ATC Forums ;-)

(Where's the winking smiley gone?? |(

Hi Ben

I thought those speakers looked familiar
smiley-wink.gif
smiley-cool.gif

The speaker in the pic i posted was made by a French company called 'Haliaetus Technologies' using Ariane rocket Technology
smiley-smile.gif

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
MattSPL said:
BenLaw said:
MattSPL said:

Superb Matt! :) And sorry for nicking a couple you'd posted on ATC Forums ;-)

(Where's the winking smiley gone?? |(

Hi Ben

I thought those speakers looked familiar
smiley-wink.gif
smiley-cool.gif

The speaker in the pic i posted was made by a French company called 'Haliaetus Technologies' using Ariane rocket Technology
smiley-smile.gif

Very nice :) I never knew astronauts got so musically spoiled ;)

T

the record spot

I've two, both standmounts, which stood out for me in recent years. The first is the rather smart and bold design of the Acoustic Energy AE22 Active, which is very eyecatching:-

getImg.php
"

The other speaker is Tannoy's DC4 - a tiny little thing, but an object of loveliness if ever there was one. Saw this in the Home Cinema Centre some time ago and thought they were a perfect blend between a modern speaker and something that looks good in the home:-

41BO2XJBlYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:

Just goes to show how subjective taste in speaker looks is.

I think that the EV Patrician IV's are beautiful in the same way that I find Victorian mansions more beautiful than Barratt homes. It's the craftsmanship. The use of traditional materials. The over-enginering that I find beautiful.

I struggle to find beauty in toy speakers, especially plasticky ones. And yet others seem to find these types of speakers beautiful. That's fine. We can all have different tastes and everyone's opinions on looks are equally valid.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Isn't that strange? We were talking about anachronistic images and attitudes in hi-fi advertising only yesterday in the office...

I believe the previous AE management team were also guilty of this in their advertising at times... :)

T

the record spot

lindsayt said:
chebby said:

Just goes to show how subjective taste in speaker looks is.

I think that the EV Patrician IV's are beautiful in the same way that I find Victorian mansions more beautiful than Barratt homes. It's the craftsmanship. The use of traditional materials. The over-enginering that I find beautiful.

I struggle to find beauty in toy speakers, especially plasticky ones. And yet others seem to find these types of speakers beautiful. That's fine. We can all have different tastes and everyone's opinions on looks are equally valid.

They are indeed, so why by extension denegrate those opinions by referring to "toy speakers"? Unless you mean a pair by Sonus Faber of course. Otherwise, that's just one of those statements that smack of the elitist snobbery the hobby is littered with.

Furniture speakers have gone and are an echo in hifi, nice though they may be. The recent Tannoy designs harked back to that period to some degree but they were aimed at the high end buyer and I imagine a significant improvement on the designs on which they were based.

T

the record spot

AEJim said:
Andrew Everard said:
Isn't that strange? We were talking about anachronistic images and attitudes in hi-fi advertising only yesterday in the office...

I believe the previous AE management team were also guilty of this in their advertising at times... :)

They must've moved to Teac then! ;)

TRENDING THREADS