Best looking speakers on the market

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris said:
noogle said:
tekne.png

WAFtastic!

I wouldn't know whether to listen to it or stoke it!

:D

I think I know what happened here.........it was a cunning plan that got for a grant for a biomass boiler, and then the project changed direction at the last minute.

As a speaker it gives a warmer sound. :rofl:

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
lindsayt said:
chebby said:

Just goes to show how subjective taste in speaker looks is.

I think that the EV Patrician IV's are beautiful in the same way that I find Victorian mansions more beautiful than Barratt homes. It's the craftsmanship. The use of traditional materials. The over-enginering that I find beautiful.

I struggle to find beauty in toy speakers, especially plasticky ones. And yet others seem to find these types of speakers beautiful. That's fine. We can all have different tastes and everyone's opinions on looks are equally valid.

I like it
smiley-laughing.gif

Anybody know what it is, or is it a DIY job?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
noogle said:

I think I could crawl inside them and find Narnia on the other side!

More 'hernia' than Narnia, if you have to move them!

Some of Lindsayt's favourite speaker cabinets are big enough to live in.

Handy for when the wife successfully cites them (with photographic evidence) as grounds for divorce and the house has to be sold.

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
BenLaw said:
noogle said:

Handy for when the wife successfully cites them (with photographic evidence) as grounds for divorce and the house has to be sold.

Couldn't you just wear headphones.?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The Limey said:
chebby said:
BenLaw said:
noogle said:

Couldn't you just wear headphones.?

The owner's ears are clearly too big for standard headphones ;)

A

Anonymous

Call me conservative but I don't like some of the outlandish designs here, give me a nice box speaker with a jewel like finish such as the Usher S520 in high gloss Piano Black and to me it speaks volumes !

A

Anonymous

Spectre said:
Call me conservative but I don't like some of the outlandish designs here, give me a nice box speaker with a jewel like finish such as the Usher S520 in high gloss Piano Black and to me it speaks volumes !

I appreciate the Usher finish too, smooth curves to minimise diffraction, perfect piano finish and real solid wood side cheeks to stop cabinet resonance. Plus of course the solid wood stands with big real marble bases..

These are what I have:

x-718.jpg

Haven't seen a better looking speaker, and I haven't yet heard a better one either, although I'm holding out for some Quad ESLs to audition.

A

Anonymous

noogle said:
I think he does electrical/acoustic system design - not product design.

Ok. This Sonus stands look the same as the Usher X719 stands - a speaker with a prodigous bass ;)

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS for unsuitable content

I'm surprised no one bringed up the Utopia:

focal_utopia-3.jpg

Or, coming back to planet earth, all the old castle lineup looks great. I love my Conways 3.

http://www.castle.uk.com/

A

Anonymous

noogle said:
7.jpg

Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!

These look FANTASTIC!!! Any ideas of cost??

Good idea for DIY if they are out of reach...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts