Best looking speakers on the market

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
noogle said:
7.jpg

Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!

Whoda thought that you could get artistic (acoustic) inspiration from a suppository! :?

A

Anonymous

@Steve, they definitely look good but I still like the old series more ;)

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Globs said:
noogle said:
7.jpg

Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!

These look FANTASTIC!!! Any ideas of cost??

Good idea for DIY if they are out of reach...

They were one-offs built by Living Voice for a superyacht. No idea on the price, but given LV's pricing, I'm sure they'd be north of £100k.

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
donluca said:
EDITED BY MODS for unsuitable content

I'm surprised no one bringed up the Utopia:

focal_utopia-3.jpg

Or, coming back to planet earth, all the old castle lineup looks great. I love my Conways 3.

http://www.castle.uk.com/

I was just about to mention them... but my fav has to be the original B&W nautilus.. beautiful.

Im rather in love with my new Ovators too...really very nice in the flesh... or wood :shifty:

A

Anonymous

basshead said:
Monstrous said:
Forgot to mention the O'heochas...

OhEochaAudiophilespkrs_small.jpg

i swear a pair of these were used in the Men in Black film......

They were indeed. I just had a quick look through the second film, you can see them to the right of Z's office in this picture-

zsoffice.png

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
The best looking speakers that I can recall were Gale, I seem to remember that they were so futuristic looking at the time, stainless steel ends I think.

The worst looking that I ever had were bright orange Tandberg ones that looked like weird octogons.
Sounded great at the time . . . .

Some years ago I brought home a superb set of Quad Electrostatics one afternoon and my wife promptly returned them to the shop and exchanged them for Infinity Reference because the wood finish better matched the floor :roll:

A

Anonymous

For me, the Sonus Faber Amati Futura....

Not only do they look beautiful... and even waaaay more beautiful when you see them physically, but they sound amazing too!

http://www.sonusfaber.com/futuraamati/en/

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Globs said:
Spectre said:
Call me conservative but I don't like some of the outlandish designs here, give me a nice box speaker with a jewel like finish such as the Usher S520 in high gloss Piano Black and to me it speaks volumes !

I appreciate the Usher finish too, smooth curves to minimise diffraction, perfect piano finish and real solid wood side cheeks to stop cabinet resonance. Plus of course the solid wood stands with big real marble bases..

These are what I have:

x-718.jpg

Haven't seen a better looking speaker, and I haven't yet heard a better one either, although I'm holding out for some Quad ESLs to audition.

I've just bought a pair, but have yet to decide on what stands to get. The Usher stands look slightly odd, are rather expensive and probably don't proportionately enhance the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts