Bedroom amp: suggestions wanted

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for ideas on an small amp for a bedroom system.

What I want is:
[*]- Three external inputs (at least one analogue, others could be digital) [*]- Clock radio (either DAB or Internet is OK) [*]- Remote control [*]- Speaker binding terminals (so not a boombox where you're limited to the built-in speakers) [/list]
I'd prefer it wasn't too big (it doesn't need to be vastly overpowered either, it's only a bedroom) and if it has a display panel ideally this would either be off when in standby mode or capable of being set very dim.

I would have thought this was a fairly common set of requirements, but I can't find anything suitable in the whole WHF database. It's much easier if I forgo the clock radio and attach a separate device, but then I'd have to leave the amp on all night (glowing and humming and wasting power) whereas a built-in clock radio could wake the amp from standby itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The TEAC CRH258i has alarm clock, 2 inputs (if you could do without the 3) and is nice and compact in size. It is an integrated type mini system (available with or without speakers) but includes a good quality amp for playing other sources
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks, but I really need three inputs: one for the DVD player, one for the TV receiver and one for the PC. (Just to explain, the video out from the DVD and TV STB is going into a PC monitor with no audio capabilities, and the STB is actually a the receiving end of a "video sender" beaming the signal wirelessly from my living room).

Following up on your suggestion, I looked up Teac's web site and saw the Teac DRH-358i. This has a DVD player built in, so I could ditch my DVD player. Frustratingly, they also reduced the number of audio inputs from two to one, so that won't work either!

I'm wondering if I should go with the CRH-258i you suggest, but put a basic manual switch in line, so the TV receiver and the PC share an input socket. Hardly ideal though - any other suggestions for a suitable bedroom amp still welcome.

A

Anonymous

I've found the Denon Ceol RCD-N7 http://whathifi.com/News/MANCHESTER-SHOW-2010-Denon-unveils-CEOL-wireless-system-and-gives-first-UK-demo-of-Apple-AirPlay/. Two analogue in and a digital optical in, FM and Internet radio and acts as a DNLA receiver. Clock/timer and remote included. Also has an ipod dock and, now, Airplay. £600 with their speakers; £500 to add your own.

Seems perfect; I'll be getting one. Anyone else used one?

Incidentally, note to manufacturers on the value of supporting your product: I've no particular interest in Airplay per se, but seeing the news report that you'd released a software update to support Airplay was how I discovered this product existed at all. Now I'm going to buy it. So support your products after they're released, it wins you customers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts