Auditioning Mains Cables.....Questions For The WHF Team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have some questions for members of the regular product reviewers at WHF regarding mains cable "Auditions".

Firstly,when these power cables are "Auditioned", are isolated and independent tests carried out by various members who then compare their findings at the end of the tests?

Also,have any blindfold style tests been carried out where reviewers have been kept ignorant as to whether cheap or expensive mains cables were used.If so,how consistent in their ability to tell which cables were which were those reviewers?

How many of you understand the nature of digital audio and video signals and digital signal processing?I'm not talking about vague notions of "ones and zeros" but a true understanding of the technical side of things such as the preservation of digital signal integrity and it's immunity to noise etc..

More importantly, I would like to hear from such members of the team who claim to have witnessed specific improvements in the performance of digital audio or video equipment after fitting the new and expensive mains leads we are all talking about.

Lastly,have any of the WHF reviewers who have written about the shortcomings of cheap mains cables or the ones supplied with the equipment,found poorer performance or differences in the following areas:

Picture geometry,picture size,displacement of the image,orientation of the image,double images or ghosting or problems with synchronization?

And in digital audio equipment:

Pitch alteration-up or down,pitch instability, clipping,compression or poor stereo separation?

Thanks for your time,

Mick

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mick,

Sure you'll get a better answer by not posting at 9pm on a Friday night, but I can answer the general points, eg:

- All tests done without knowing which cables tested in which order (one member of team does the switching; others listen/look). This is great advantage of team-testing: solo testers can't do this!

- All opinions independent, then discussed/debated as a team before a final verdict is reached

A

Anonymous

Hello Clare,

Thanks for the response.

I look forward to a fuller answer at a time that's more convenient for others!

Regards,

Mick

A

Anonymous

EDITED BY MODS - please do not discuss moderation. Please read the House Rules.

TRENDING THREADS