Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
have drawn up a shortlist of possible components for my new hifi

michell gyro se with technoarm a

lavardin is reference amp

electrocompaniet ec1-3 amp

sonus faber venere 3.0 speakers

magneplanar mg 12 speakers

would welcome comments and opinions,also anyone in the edinburgh area who knows of stockists of any of the above so i could audition them,thanks

jonomd

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Loud and Clear in Edinburgh may be a possibility. Been to the one in Glasgow which were very helpful ..

Lavardin, Sonus Faber and Magneplanar are listed in their core brands. Also have good choice off higher end turntables and amps.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
If your budget allows the Venere 3.0, I wouldn't bother about the MG12. The Magnepan 1.7 is a massive step-up over the MG12. You've lined up some excellent amplifiers (expand the list with Cno's suggestions!), which should all be capable of driving these speakers!

Just my experience... Do try them all with your own ears!

gillieboy67

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
thanks guys will check out your suggestions,would appreciate any advice/experience as to what would be a good phono stage,cartridge,speaker cable,this will be my first mid/high end system so all help is greatly appreciated :cheers:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
With regards to the Gyrodec (my next purchase, at somne point) do you intend to further upgrade the arm at a later date? Say, to a SME IV ?

Heard the Gyrodec with both arms - with the SME IV it is phenomanal - I will be sticking an RB303 on mine iniially with the intention of an SME IV - as I want to go this route I don't see any need for the Tecnoarm as as it is. Cart would be someting like Benz Micro Ace

Let us know how you get on and what cart you put on - its beautifully engineered deck.

gillieboy67

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
yes,although i may go for the sme iv with the turntable,have to say am also tempted by the nottingham analogue hyperspace tt,any recomendations for phono stages?

TRENDING THREADS