Speaker Suggestions? Goldenear? Q? Kef? Sonus faber?

shirokuma13

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I thought I'd ask the experts about their opinion. I know I should listen to the speakers myself first but nevertheless I would appreciate your opninions.

My current set is a marantz nr1603 with five B&W m1 (second gen) and a BK elektronics Gemini 2 sub. This kit is nice for watching the occasional movie or for 5.1 gaming... Since I'm moving to a bigger house I would like to buy a seperate stereo set, a bit more edging towards higher end...

My vinyl player is a pro-ject debut carbon (m3 red). I'm planning on buying a Roksan k3 integrated amp or a Rega elex-r, and combining it with a nice pair of stereo speakers... I'm on the fence about the speakers, here's my shortlist so far, random order:

a) kef ls50 b) sonus faber venere 2.5 c) goldenear triton 7 d) q acoustics 3050

Since I'm also a diy speaker builder the Zaph ZRT speakers are also an option, for those in the diy scene as well... http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZRT.html

An extra is i'm saving up for a Devialet expert Pro 130 amp... So the speakers should play nice with that too. What do you guys/or girls think?

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
shirokuma13 said:
Hi, I thought I'd ask the experts about their opinion. I know I should listen to the speakers myself first but nevertheless I would appreciate your opninions.

My current set is a marantz nr1603 with five B&W m1 (second gen) and a BK elektronics Gemini 2 sub. This kit is nice for watching the occasional movie or for 5.1 gaming... Since I'm moving to a bigger house I would like to buy a seperate stereo set, a bit more edging towards higher end...

My vinyl player is a pro-ject debut carbon (m3 red). I'm planning on buying a Roksan k3 integrated amp or a Rega elex-r, and combining it with a nice pair of stereo speakers... I'm on the fence about the speakers, here's my shortlist so far, random order:

a) kef ls50 b) sonus faber venere 2.5 c) goldenear triton 7 d) q acoustics 3050

Since I'm also a diy speaker builder the Zaph ZRT speakers are also an option, for those in the diy scene as well... http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZRT.html

An extra is i'm saving up for a Devialet expert Pro 130 amp... So the speakers should play nice with that too. What do you guys/or girls think?

The Devialet is going to make an enormous difference to the sound IMO. Whatever speakers you go for, make sure that they're SAM compatible. The only way to know which speakers to go for is to listen to some. Preferably in your own listening room with a Devialet (if you can swing it with your dealer).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts