Question What speaker should i go with ?

Dhruv6464

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
hey guys im new to the world of hifi i have recently gotten permission from my parents to get a setup i want
i have checked out the b n w 606 s2 but they were too bright for me i have also tried the pmc twenty5.21i which sounded great with the svs sb2000 but its quite hard to get in my home country india as taxes double the retail price of a speaker, i am also considering a sonus faber sonetto 1, both the pmc and sonus faber will be paired with the svs sb2000 pro
my room size is 4.6m x 4.2m
also do suggest a stereo amp for each speaker probably under 1200 dollars if possible
thanks for helping me out

hey guys im new to the world of hifi i have recently gotten permission from my parents to get a setup i want
i have checked out the b n w 606 s2 but they were too bright for me i have also tried the pmc twenty5.21i which sounded great with the svs sb2000 but its quite hard to get in my home country india as taxes double the retail price of a speaker, i am also considering a sonus faber sonetto 1, both the pmc and sonus faber will be paired with the svs sb2000 pro
also do suggest a stereo amp for each speaker probably under 1200 dollars if possible
in a room of that size I might suggest ditching the subwoofer and buying a suitable pair of floorstanders.

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, your room is not so small to use just small bookshelf speakers. I recommend for you following:
1. QA 3050i small floorstanders, excellent british speakers, which are sensitive and very musical. I had in past QA 3020 and they were very good. B@W is very good but they need more experience from you to select the right amp/source/cables combination. Also small Dynaudio will work very vell. QA has also new excellent 5000 line with e.g. 5020 bookshelf. They are really classleaders.
2. Rega Brio or Rega Elex-R or Cambridge Audio CXA 61 or CXA 81 are kings of musical amplifiers arround 1000 Eur. Rega is a great match with QA speakers, same for Dynaudio. Here Cambridge has more digital capabilities on the board than Rega, Rrga has better overal sound. For speakers like QA 3050i even Rega Brio has power enough, QA 3050 has high sensitivity. I use Brio at home inmy smaller system. Rega has very, very good phono preamp for MM cartridge inside. So you may take turntable like Rega Planar 1 wiyh matching Rega Carbon cartridge. And you will have excellent low cost system.
3. If you are more digital, look also on new Arcam Radio amps. They are very good as well but with Dac (like Cambridge amp) . New rega Elex mk4 cost in EU 1300 eur but has very solide Dac and headphone amp+phono MM preamp inside. This is the best amp in this class. Look e.g. on avforums.com web. But also Yamaha will be very good or Marantz.
4. Depending on your preferences you may opt for a streamer like Bluesound Node. It is very good, better than some cheap streamers integrated in cheaper integrated amps.
5. Cables I can recommend are QED or Cardas audio. They are very good also in cheaper categories. Pls. Do not underestimate cables, they are very important. With cables you may fine tune your hifi system.
6. First select speakers, which has sound that you like, than find matching combination amp/speakers as I have described above some good combinations.
7. Music source is up to you.
8. Look for optimal position of speakers in your room ( like equilateral triangle)
9. Listen and enjoy your music.
When you are finished with selection of your hifi, pls. Let us know what was your choice. Best regards from Slovakia. Juraj

Reactions: The_Lecht_Rocks

Dhruv6464

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi, your room is not so small to use just small bookshelf speakers. I recommend for you following:
1. QA 3050i small floorstanders, excellent british speakers, which are sensitive and very musical. I had in past QA 3020 and they were very good. B@W is very good but they need more experience from you to select the right amp/source/cables combination. Also small Dynaudio will work very vell. QA has also new excellent 5000 line with e.g. 5020 bookshelf. They are really classleaders.
2. Rega Brio or Rega Elex-R or Cambridge Audio CXA 61 or CXA 81 are kings of musical amplifiers arround 1000 Eur. Rega is a great match with QA speakers, same for Dynaudio. Here Cambridge has more digital capabilities on the board than Rega, Rrga has better overal sound. For speakers like QA 3050i even Rega Brio has power enough, QA 3050 has high sensitivity. I use Brio at home inmy smaller system. Rega has very, very good phono preamp for MM cartridge inside. So you may take turntable like Rega Planar 1 wiyh matching Rega Carbon cartridge. And you will have excellent low cost system.
3. If you are more digital, look also on new Arcam Radio amps. They are very good as well but with Dac (like Cambridge amp) . New rega Elex mk4 cost in EU 1300 eur but has very solide Dac and headphone amp+phono MM preamp inside. This is the best amp in this class. Look e.g. on avforums.com web. But also Yamaha will be very good or Marantz.
4. Depending on your preferences you may opt for a streamer like Bluesound Node. It is very good, better than some cheap streamers integrated in cheaper integrated amps.
5. Cables I can recommend are QED or Cardas audio. They are very good also in cheaper categories. Pls. Do not underestimate cables, they are very important. With cables you may fine tune your hifi system.
6. First select speakers, which has sound that you like, than find matching combination amp/speakers as I have described above some good combinations.
7. Music source is up to you.
8. Look for optimal position of speakers in your room ( like equilateral triangle)
9. Listen and enjoy your music.
When you are finished with selection of your hifi, pls. Let us know what was your choice. Best regards from Slovakia. Juraj
thank you will surely share my selection once completed

thank you will surely share my selection once completed
Like others, I’d love to help but knowing what you can access at home, and the respective pricing is almost impossible.

I do have an Indian Hifi enthusiast acquaintance, but he pilots/captains supertankers around the world, so he plans his purchases from locations in USA and UK and ‘ships’ them home! Much easier than buying locally I imagine, though requires plenty of patience and optimism.

Reactions: Dhruv6464

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts