TTempting.....?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
[Turntables without lids] seems to be the way most TT manufacturers are going. It's a pain especially where the TT itself is prodominantly made of acrylic. Dust is the killer of LPs, amongst other things, but preventative measures now appear to mean additional outlay in the form of a third-party acrylic cover.

Never in my day ........................... :)

Bit like the abolition of the speed-change control, it's really nothing more than a cost-cutting exercise. The manufacturers only get away with it because they know enough potential customers will be gullible enough to fall for their Jackanory pseudo-science which dubiously links feature-austerity to improved sound. Of those who know better, not enough of them vote with their hard-earned by just simply not buying said products until the manufacturers give them a better deal.

MajorFubar said:
Al ears said:
[Turntables without lids] seems to be the way most TT manufacturers are going. It's a pain especially where the TT itself is prodominantly made of acrylic. Dust is the killer of LPs, amongst other things, but preventative measures now appear to mean additional outlay in the form of a third-party acrylic cover.

Never in my day ........................... :)

Bit like the abolition of the speed-change control, it's really nothing more than a cost-cutting exercise. The manufacturers only get away with it because they know enough potential customers will be gullible enough to fall for their Jackanory pseudo-science which dubiously links feature-austerity to improved sound. Of those who know better, not enough of them vote with their hard-earned by just simply not buying said products until the manufacturers give them a better deal.

Which is why I ended cup at the turntable I currently have, it also doesn't come with a dustcover but I had a lid that fits it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts