Audioquest directional arrows

i've had Audioquest FLX SLiP 14/4 a while now. years actually.
today, i thought i'd redo the banana plugs, boredom strikes again.
while i was removing the banana plugs i noticed some really small arrows on the internal cable, something i hadn't noticed before.
i had also seen photos online of the inner cable twisted into pairs, which differed from the way i had done them, so i took them all apart, and joined them as per the pics.
i had a bit of a giggle to myself, as i connected them back up.. the audiophool in me wondering if i was going to hear a wonderful difference.
:ROFLMAO:
you live in hope.

Reactions: nopiano and Gray

Vincent Kars

Audioquest explains why a cable is directional

"A conductor’s asymmetrical surface structure causes a directional difference in impedance at noise frequencies and very high interference frequencies. Due to skin-effect, such high-frequency energy travels almost exclusively on the surface of a conductor, giving significance to the directional difference in impedance at these frequencies. Because all energy will always take the path of least resistance, when a cable is oriented so that the high-frequency noise—whether from a computer, radio station, cell tower, etc.—is “directed” to ground, or to the end of the cable attached to less vulnerable equipment, the dynamic intermodulation and associated ringing generated in the active electronics will be greatly reduced."

"As always, the proof is in the listening."

Don't think I will buy a product from a company like this.

Gray

I once read the theory of directionality as being about the direction of pull during the wire manufacturing process - and how the internal structure aligns.
Totally meaningless of course, because nobody could identify the direction of a cable by ear.

Excluding oxygen (and preventing oxidation) certainly brings genuine purity benefit to the copper though - OFC noticeably conducts heat better during soldering - and that gives me confidence that it gives optimum electrical conduction / reduced resistance.
Whether you can actually hear that benefit......

TRENDING THREADS