audio cable ...help

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Has any one used both below audio cables for arcam cdp ? they are almost the same price.

-analysis chocolate oval

-QED reference

please share your advice on them .

thanks,

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
"analysis chocolate oval" sounds like a biscuit.
smiley-laughing.gif

Chris

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
"analysis chocolate oval" sounds like a biscuit.
smiley-laughing.gif

Chris

Nah, it's a beer, dark, slightly sweet with chocolate overtones.

Very similar to the Jack Black IPA I had at the weekend. Mrs DDC loves chocolate beer........ 8)

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.

I have heard that QED cable is made in China. Is there any possibility that the quality is not the same ( lower than) made in UK / EU ?

Best regards,

Hello Mrcrazer

Thanks for expressing an interest in QED cables.

All QED's research and development takes place in the UK. Every cable is completely designed by QED and nothing is 'off the shelf'.

All the cables are then manufactured for us in China. They are made to the highest possible standards and we have complete confidence in them - which is why every cable comes with a Lifetime Guarantee.

The new Reference Audio 40 inteconnect is a perfect match for Arcam CD players. (Arcam kindly lent us some CD players, amps and DACs for our dem room and we use them to demonstrate both QED cables and Q Acoustics loudspeakers)

I expect you've seen the recent WHF Five Star review of this cable: http://www.whathifi.com/review/reference-audio-40

Best regards

Steve Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home (QED)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Steve Reichert PR Manager ArmourHome said:
...nothing is 'off the shelf'...All the cables are then manufactured for us in China.

From the review you cite:

"Bass notes appear to plunge deeper and there’s a meaty, mature tone to music, but not at the expense of control or agility."

Nonsense, clearly.

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello Mrcrazer

All QED's research and development takes place in the UK. Every cable is completely designed by QED and nothing is 'off the shelf'.

All the cables are then manufactured for us in China. They are made to the highest possible standards and we have complete confidence in them - which is why every cable comes with a Lifetime Guarantee.

The new Reference Audio 40 inteconnect is a perfect match for Arcam CD players. (Arcam kindly lent us some CD players, amps and DACs for our dem room and we use them to demonstrate both QED cables and Q Acoustics loudspeakers)

I expect you've seen the recent WHF Five Star review of this cable: http://www.whathifi.com/review/reference-audio-40

Best regards

Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for the information.

Does QED have a quality control process for those cables made in China ? Not just only have confidence or trust ....really not enough ...

Does QED apply Lifetime guarantee for authorised dealer outside of UK/ EU ?

Regards,

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Alec said:
...nothing is 'off the shelf'...All the cables are then manufactured for us in China.

"Bass notes appear to plunge deeper and there’s a meaty, mature tone to music, but not at the expense of control or agility."

Nonsense, clearly.

Another proud member of the Nonsense Brigade. Every utterance of the word nonsense directly increases one's feeling of self worth... but only if one suffers from inferiority complex.

TrevC

hifikrazy said:
Alec said:

Nonsense, clearly.

Another proud member of the Nonsense Brigade. Every utterance of the word nonsense directly increases one's feeling of self worth... but only if one suffers from inferiority complex.

We're trying to educate you. It's a really tough job.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
hifikrazy said:
Alec said:

Nonsense, clearly.

Nonsense.

A

Anderson

Hello Mrcrazer

Best regards

Hi Steve, can you explain what you mean when you say designed? Do you specify every final detail, like how the individual conductors where made, what they were made from, how they're weived etc? Do you specify where the ore for the metal comes from or who can make it for you? Do you design the plastic wrap and specify the number of insulators etc?

Can you provide any insight at how your designers came to the choices that ended up in the final product and any testing that or research that helped you.

You mention that your Reference 40 is a good match for the Arcam players, can you explain how you have come to this conclusion?

WHF has a long history of questionable reviews regarding cables, to quote they review you've linked "Bass notes appear to plunge deeper and there’s a meaty, mature tone to music, but not at the expense of control or agility.", "Tunes are engaging and balanced with an impressive level of detail." & "You are made aware of a much broader and more expansive soundstage compared with Ecosse’s Baton Mk2."

The reviewer was so impressed with the cable that they couldn't even put their name to the page, makes you wonder.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Has QED done any ABX tests where it shows scientifically if its audibly better than the competition? That would instantly convince me to switch from Audioquest to QED.

:wave:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
This is completely nonsense it's like asking if the Roksan Kandy done any tests where it shows scientifically if its audibly better than the competition?

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have an older 0.5m Audioquest Jade cable from my more 'gullible' days. Cost me £40 in about '98 I think.

Just for giggles, I figured I'd hook it in to replace the 1m 'cheap'n'chearful' cable I've been using for the past 5 years or so.

So, Adjusting for inflation the Audioquest would be around a £50 to £60 cable today? So a £50 cable vs a £2 cable.

No difference. At all.

TrevC

ReValveiT said:
I have an older 0.5m Audioquest Jade cable from my more 'gullible' days. Cost me £40 in about '98 I think.

Just for giggles, I figured I'd hook it in to replace the 1m 'cheap'n'chearful' cable I've been using for the past 5 years or so.

So, Adjusting for inflation the Audioquest would be around a £50 to £60 cable today? So a £50 cable vs a £2 cable.

No difference. At all.

The 'golden eared' brigade, AKA hifi religious, will be along shortly to call you deaf, or your equipment inadequate in some way........

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
This is completely nonsense it's like asking if the Roksan Kandy done any tests where it shows scientifically if its audibly better than the competition?

Actually I would like an ABX test done between the level matched Kandy K2 and the Caspian M2. The M2 has additional 3db gain in the preamp which gives it an edge in showroom comparisons. To our ears louder is better and amps that releive all their power early on the volume dial feel more masculine and powerfull. Comparing in controled enviroment might yield different results than showrooms.

If I produced my own brand of cables I would want to sell a product that has clear audible improvements over the competition verified in controled tests. I would promote my ABX results publicly to crush the skeptics spreading doubt about the benefit my product gives to the customer.

QED is such a great brand with EE designers, measuring equipment etc. Why wouldn't they do some tests to see what are the audible benefits of their product. Harman does it and it works great for their products and marketing. They even DBT speakers, would you believe it?

Great video, must watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56xPMqZmejU

ff7f750a_200906_harman.jpg

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:

It's not nonsense! I bet you haven't done any blind testing and yet you appear to have spent a fortune on cables.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts